Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Aviak

Default Rogue epic MQ/general questions/mid range gearing

Finally socked enough to get 30k for my Rogue epic mq. I have some questions:

1) Is level 45 okay for turn in? I died falling off the damn pass and lost a level.

2) I quickly glanced at the quest on the wiki and this is what I can gather: Give MQer 30k, log rogue in Highkeep go to the smuggler cave, have the higher level rogue summon Stanos with the trigger text "I need to see Stanos" to Anson McBale, Stanos spawns, the higher level rogue turns in Genera's Pouch and Cazic Quill TO STANOS, then trades me the Jagged Diamond Dagger which I am then to give to STANOS (and NOT Anson). That's it?

3) Who usually accepts risk for failed MQs? I will be using OBS replay buffer anything else I should do to protect myself other than asking them to log onto a main to verify?

4) Any quest or faction prerequisites I should check before buying MQ? I haven't done anything for the epic

5) I have a budget of ~10k for other gear, what should my priorities be https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Roguetest245

6) What clickies and misc items should I save for as a non-raider? I already have Mask of Deception
/Jboots/gobbo earring; and these are already on my wish list: Myrlo arms/bracer/gauntlets, 10 root nets, Bracer of the hidden, POM flowers (one day), tink bags, embalmers skinning knife

7) Does Iksar illusion mask make you non-KOS to Cabilis and is it worth the 11k or can you bank/vendor with sneak in Cab? I know enchanters are still insta-gib in some places even with the illusion.
Last edited by Hakubi; 08-01-2018 at 10:29 PM..
Old 08-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Hope this helps, although I am not an expert, just based on my own research/experience.

1. You can turn in at any level but can't equip until 46.

2. That sounds right.

3. Ask the person beforehand, not after something goes wrong. But ultimately MQs are generally not covered by GMs for reimbursement.

4. The mobs should be on Carson McCabe/highpass faction, as long as you've never killed highkeep guards you are fine. But even then I understand you can use sneak to complete anyways.

6. Leatherfoot helm for WC port. OT Hammer. Locustlure may come in handy at some point.

7. You can LOS the bank in Cabilis, can't speak to faction changes of the mask.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

1. As Jolanar said, you can get the ragebringer at any level, but can't equip it until 46.

2. Usually the MQ is done first, but that's up to whoever is selling it. This takes place in Highpass Hold, not HK. Everything else is correct!

3. MQs are at your own risk. This is a risk for you and potentially the MQer if you screw it up. It's by far the easiest epic MQ to do a turn in, so I haven't had a fail in 5+ years of doing them. This is also why I say the MQ is usually done first, so the person selling doesn't take the 30k and log. But in general, try to buy from someone that has done them before or at least has been on the server for some time. I don't usually trust accounts that have been made in the past 3-4 months.

4. As Jolanar said, as long as you haven't killed guards in High hold or keep, you should be fine. That said, even if you're apprehensive/dubious, just sneak behind Stanos and turn in (don't hide).

5. I'd work on filling in your blank spots first, then upgrade the items with mediocre or no stats. Stat priority I go with is Str (til 195-200, or 188 if you have a 60 shammy friend) > Sta/Hp. For dps purposes, the only stat that really matters (outside of proccing weapons) is strength. And even if you had proccing weapons, you don't want to tank that much as a rogue. Get some HP rings, mithril greaves/vambraces, maybe some barbed dragonscale boots for more health, couple of hp or str earrings (orc fang earrings are fine), thick banded belt, idol of the thorned, etc.

6. If you're not looking to raid on the toon, then most of what you listed isn't really needed. I usually just collect masks because why not (plus DE ultravision), jboots, hammer, and a wc port for those really bad situations. Bracer is nice if you don't have a see invis item, tink bags allow to you ninja more, skinning knife is meh, definitely don't need 10 root nets on a rogue or any really but can keep a couple on ya if you feel like it. As Jol said, getting Locustlure for an attack slow or a serrated bone dirk for a snare help a lot if you find yourself soloing or in smaller groups.

7. All masks work for their respective race. Iksar works similarly to DE that most mobs can't see through it, but there usually are a couple that can in the cities. I haven't tested the iksar mask as much as DE, HIE, ERU, but I've ran through cab with it. I think if you're deep in ready to attack with iksars though, it could cause problems. I don't really get masks to bank at different spots though, I use them for fashionquest.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Aviak

Thanks guys
Old 08-02-2018, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakubi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally socked enough to get 30k for my Rogue epic mq. I have some questions:

1) Is level 45 okay for turn in? I died falling off the damn pass and lost a level.

2) I quickly glanced at the quest on the wiki and this is what I can gather: Give MQer 30k, log rogue in Highkeep go to the smuggler cave, have the higher level rogue summon Stanos with the trigger text "I need to see Stanos" to Anson McBale, Stanos spawns, the higher level rogue turns in Genera's Pouch and Cazic Quill TO STANOS, then trades me the Jagged Diamond Dagger which I am then to give to STANOS (and NOT Anson). That's it?

3) Who usually accepts risk for failed MQs? I will be using OBS replay buffer anything else I should do to protect myself other than asking them to log onto a main to verify?

4) Any quest or faction prerequisites I should check before buying MQ? I haven't done anything for the epic

5) I have a budget of ~10k for other gear, what should my priorities be https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Roguetest245

6) What clickies and misc items should I save for as a non-raider? I already have Mask of Deception
/Jboots/gobbo earring; and these are already on my wish list: Myrlo arms/bracer/gauntlets, 10 root nets, Bracer of the hidden, POM flowers (one day), tink bags, embalmers skinning knife

7) Does Iksar illusion mask make you non-KOS to Cabilis and is it worth the 11k or can you bank/vendor with sneak in Cab? I know enchanters are still insta-gib in some places even with the illusion.
peggy cloak
stinging wort pots
Old 10-02-2018, 02:50 AM
Aviak

when did rogue epic get changed to only 46 plus can equip?

<CHAOS>
Old 10-03-2018, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

Patch Notes: Monday, September 21st, 2015
Quote:
  • Nilbog: Class epics have a required level of 46+ to equip.
Nilbog also posted Upcoming changes to class epics
Quote:
There is inconsistent research regarding which epics required level requirements to obtain. Several couldn't be completed until 46 or higher due to level checks on quests or certain steps involving planar zones. It has been noted by the original developers that epic items were intended only for those of higher levels. Additionally, we feel that acquiring an epic weapon should only be possible when a player has become powerful enough to cross interplanar portals. Therefore, we are adding a level requirement of 46 to equip all epic items.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:49 AM
Fire Giant

u dont need tink bag, you should have decent str to carry shit load of stuff
Closed Thread