Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

I like the original login screen, and the UI isn't bad. Was definitely better than what I was using.

Do you have any plans to have a big mana number under the big health number? That'd be pretty useful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the original login screen, and the UI isn't bad. Was definitely better than what I was using.

Do you have any plans to have a big mana number under the big health number? That'd be pretty useful...
I definitely plan on adding features and improving existing ones. I am currently working on v0.2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Should add the music fix?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should add the music fix?
that will probably be in v0.2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am working on fixing the underwater sound so that it doesn't stop after 5 seconds.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I definitely plan on adding features and improving existing ones. I am currently working on v0.2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sweet. A sincere thanks for putting the time into this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

For some reason I can't move my buff list, strangest thing.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Sarnak

Great job on this Chrushev, one thing though...when you get hit with bad things like heat blood or have a buff etc...I"m not seeing them display?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For some reason I can't move my buff list, strangest thing.
make sure the window is not locked and drag it by using the blank space on the left. The window itself is actually quite big, its just transparent.. here is a screenshot for reference.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great job on this Chrushev, one thing though...when you get hit with bad things like heat blood or have a buff etc...I"m not seeing them display?
Are you sure the debuff stuck? I casted a Snare on myself and it showed up. Do you see the big long buff window? Should be numbered 1 through 15?

Try hitting ALT + B (default buttons, maybe something else if you rebound them) that will Hide/Show the buff/debuff window. Perhaps you dont have that enabled?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Chrushev; 03-01-2011 at 11:00 PM..
Old 03-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Aviak

Things to add:
High Res Environment Textures
SoV Armor Textures
P99 Cartography
Rendered Classic Music
High Quality General Sounds
Classic/Luclin Spell Icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that will probably be in v0.2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am working on fixing the underwater sound so that it doesn't stop after 5 seconds.
If you find a fix for this one, let me know how you fixed it.

Also forgot to say it, but awesome work man. This will be an HUGE help for new players getting into P99. I love it when members of a community step up and do something amazing like this.
Last edited by Xevin; 03-02-2011 at 06:27 PM..
Old 03-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xevin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Things to add:
High Res Environment Textures
SoV Armor Textures
P99 Cartography
Rendered Classic Music
High Quality General Sounds
Classic/Luclin Spell Icons

If you find a fix for this one, let me know how you fixed it.

Also forgot to say it, but awesome work man. This will be an HUGE help for new players getting into P99. I love it when members of a community step up and do something amazing like this.
Thanks for the kind words.

I am almost done with v0.2

Will add:
P99 Cartography
HQ General Sounds

Classic spell icons are already in v0.1, I will add Luclin ones and possibly others.
plus some other things are going to come in v0.2

Will NOT add:
Rendered Classic Music - this requires taking ownership etc over Windows System files. Something that is nearly impossible to do with an Installer. Users will have to do this manually. I would love to do this, but its just not very possible. Would be great if we could figure out how to achieve the same by manipulating EQ files instead of Win Sys files.

Velious Armor Textures - 2 reasons, 1) Its not velious yet and most importantly 2) The size of the file is too big for an easy portable installer.

High Res Environmental Textures - 3 reason 1) I think most people wouldnt want these especially if they are playing for old school EQ fix 2) The filesize is HUGE its upwards 700MB. 3) Its very very easy to install for anyone that really wants them, simple extract, dont need an installer.