Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 06:46 AM
Fire Giant

I think blind might not be same mechanic as root. I believe the mob will attack the pc with the highest aggro that is within melee range, whereas root is just closest pc.

Wess does have serious aggro though beyond this. 4 poison counters plus attack debuff. But yes, blind does change the dynamic.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the Wrapped Entropy Serpent Spine still the top pre-raiding agro weapon a warrior can buy?
The serpent spine is garbage. At low levels, when you are well below 255 dex, it doesn't proc consistently enough. Weapons with good ratios are better agroe. At 50+ Infestation is just a way better weapon. Wurmslayer > Wrapped Entropy Serpent Spine.

Let me relate a story about this weapon. Once upon a time I was in a group with a warrior and a bard in Sebilis. The warrior had the serpent spine and proced early in a fight with multiple adds. The bard charmed the MOB that the warrior had proced on. The mob was then moved out of melee range. When the charm wore off 18 seconds later, it began to run like hell. All of Sebilis was attacking us shortly thereafter and we hadn't even cleared to NG yet. Moral of the story; blinding a MOB is dangerous.
Last edited by trite; 08-03-2018 at 08:52 AM..
Old 08-03-2018, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave35 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blind aggro is different from hate aggro. Blinded enemies will attack the closest player character to them, much like Root. That is like saying that Root is the best aggro in the game. It's not, it's simply a different mechanic.
I think blind causes NPCs to run when they are out of melee range. Don't think it works like root at all.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave35 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blind aggro is different from hate aggro. Blinded enemies will attack the closest player character to them, much like Root. That is like saying that Root is the best aggro in the game. It's not, it's simply a different mechanic.
I know how blind works.

Blind will make them attack anyone in melee range over anyone not in melee range, not the *closest* player. Ask any paladin who uses this for aggro when rogues hump their leg from closer proximity.

WESS is the best aggro weapon in the game because it rolls a debuff, the blind, and multiple poison counters (each component with additive stacking aggro) all into one. WESS doesn't have a great ratio (not terrible, but definitely not good). It's the strength of the proc that makes it the strongest aggro weapon in the game.

*Strongest* does not necessarily mean most ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The serpent spine is garbage. At low levels, when you are well below 255 dex, it doesn't proc consistently enough. Weapons with good ratios are better agroe. At 50+ Infestation is just a way better weapon. Wurmslayer > Wrapped Entropy Serpent Spine.

Let me relate a story about this weapon. Once upon a time I was in a group with a warrior and a bard in Sebilis. The warrior had the serpent spine and proced early in a fight with multiple adds. The bard charmed the MOB that the warrior had proced on. The mob was then moved out of melee range. When the charm wore off 18 seconds later, it began to run like hell. All of Sebilis was attacking us shortly thereafter and we hadn't even cleared to NG yet. Moral of the story; blinding a MOB is dangerous.
The potential for problems is very real. I've personally never had a problem but I've seen it cause problems for others. Most of the time I'm using Infestation + another weapon as the raw mega-threat per proc just isn't necessary.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 08-03-2018 at 11:28 AM..
Closed Thread