Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 11:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might give that a shot. Can always go back to Misty if it doesn't work out.

I haven't wiped on her yet even with the occasional resist and I'm just about 13 so should remain an easy solo spot. A little boring perhaps, but it is steady xp/loot.
Yeah I did misty on my necro as well. Didn't remember her being red con when I fought her though, but it's been a while.

Only downside to NK wisps is you do have to watch out for the wandering griffons.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycon43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I did misty on my necro as well. Didn't remember her being red con when I fought her though, but it's been a while.

Only downside to NK wisps is you do have to watch out for the wandering griffons.
Looks like I might have to hold off on wisps. I was trying them but my pet couldn't hit them, even when I summoned the highest pet possible. Not sure when Necro pets start hitting magic things. Guessing 16 or 20? Doesn't appear possible with the level 12 pet, even if you summon a max level pet.

Guess I'll probably just tough it out on Misty til 16 and/or genocide more gnolls. As for what she conned, she conned red sometimes at level 12, and other times was yellow. Not sure what she'll con now that I'm 13.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

The spore king PH pops every 30 minutes or so. Maybe 1/5-1/6 are kings. He drops the tunic about 2/3. So a really solid group should get a tunic every 5 hours or so. In practice usually the monk has trouble pulling or the group wipes or something. Anyway, 100 hours is then 20 tunics, which sell in the tunnel for a bit less 1M platinum. Split three ways is 300k each. On the other hand, you'll make half as much in a full 6-man group. The better you get, the more you can do with lower numbers with fewer wipes and wasted time.

Alternatively: at 2K an hour, that's 150 hours of farming time. So you can either level an alt from say 56 to 60 or farm a primal for your main. Just depends what you want to do.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:50 AM
Kobold

Since this thread has kind of spiralled into a discussion about loot rights, Raev wasn't it you that bought a Shissar Focus Staff? If it was you, how much did that run?

I've thought about inquiring about one but I don't know if any of the guilds that kill Druushk would even sell one these days or if I'd have immediate buyers remorse with the 49 cap.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

2k an hour is quite a lot, and certainly not possible until you're already in your high 50s. I've gotten more in short spurts, but nowhere close to this average over time on any character. But, if you could match this rate and do so consistently, 2k an hour is still 150 hours of playtime. If you played 2 hours a day and always got 2k an hour (not going to happen for most folk) that's still 2.5 months dedicated to getting a single primal weapon sold by a guild who hogs a lot of content keeping the rest of the server down (so they can invest 300k in item recharges to keep hogging content for 2nd to 5th line alts).

For those with raid gear and connections with others who also have similar levels of gear, maybe 300k isn't hard to get.

I've been on this sever for years and have maybe made 300-400k total in that entire time.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 07-21-2018 at 01:48 PM..
Old 07-21-2018, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2k an hour is quite a lot, and certainly not possible until you're already in your high 50s. I've gotten more in short spurts, but nowhere close to this average over time on any character. But, if you could match this rate and do so consistently, 2k an hour is still 150 hours of playtime. If you played 2 hours a day and always got 2k an hour (not going to happen for most folk) that's still 2.5 months dedicated to getting a single primal weapon sold by a guild who hogs a lot of content keeping the rest of the server down (so they can invest 300k in item recharges to keep hogging content for 2nd to 5th line alts).

For those with raid gear and connections with others who also have similar levels of gear, maybe 300k isn't hard to get.

I've been on this sever for years and have maybe made 300-400k total in that entire time.
Ag are getting a lot of primals these days. You seem overly transfixed on server bogeymen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2018, 08:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you still have your velks faction, do brood mother my man, not hard to get like 15k in a night
When I was very, very green I ate a couple velk hits not having any idea how lucrative non-KoS could be.

dumb was me
Old 07-22-2018, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was very, very green I ate a couple velk hits not having any idea how lucrative non-KoS could be.

dumb was me
Dont worry, I did this too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-25-2018, 09:36 PM
Orc

Up to almost 18 now. I've been fighting the scarecrows in West Karana which
are solid xp, though they hit hard. Root rotting works well though.

Wondering where I should go next. Not sure how long these would be blue but I guess I might be able to do it til 20 or close to it.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Played with a Necromancer last night crawling Seb. Did a great job CCing, patching heals and dps (having a half decent summoned pet meant no need for juggling during breaks).

Sure we coulda used C if he was an enchanter instead, but his versatile spell book made him a hell of a lot more useful than a magician might have been.

(Ranger, cleric, shaman, Necromancer, rogue, monk).
Closed Thread