Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 03:21 PM
Large Rat

Default ROG: What items should I be saving for?

Hey all,

I'm a 23 Rogue currently using Jade Chokidai Prod as my primary with a Dragoon Dirk in my secondary.

I have around 200 plat total as this is my only character.

I'm just curious what my weapon and armor progression should look like.

Thanks!
-Rhenzik
Old 07-22-2018, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

A haste item of some sort would be best. You can pickup Silver Chitin Handwraps for about 1200p.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, haste is a pretty big deal. When you hit 25, go group in the HHK goblin group. Sell ore and bronze armor to the vendor and goblin ears to players for 25p each. Stay there from 25-35 and walk out several thousand plat richer. That should get you enough for a haste item (handwraps, as nycon mentioned, are probably most bang for your buck) and some upgraded weapons. For mainhand weapons, go for the highest dmg piercer you can afford as that will directly impact your BS dmg. Offhand aim for good ratio. After that you can work on armor.

TBH you can get by with the chokidai prod for a while. 11dmg isn't bad. Usually the best you'll have before epic is 13dmg MH.

Some fairly inexpensive mainhand weapons include:

Crystalline Spear 13/30

Rapier of Oriin 12/25

Serpent's Tooth 13/27

Small Dragonbone Shard 13/26 (race restrictions may be relevant)

I won't link offhands because there are tons of them you can choose. Primary is of course restricted to piercers for backstab, but offhand can be piercing, slashing, or blunt. Anything near to or better than a 1:2 ratio should be your initial goal.

As far as gearing, chain with str and/or hp should do you well for leveling. You can find a lot of decent stuff in the 100-300p price range for each slot.

A few cheap pieces with decent stats include:

Brigandine Tunic

Hero Bracers (confirm it's usable by your race)

Orc Fang Earring

Various Ry'gorr chain for passable stats + velious graphic fashion

HP rings or Velium Fire for the 65hp rings, though they are about double the price.

There are a lot of items out there. Hang out in EC tunnel and watch the scroll and write down a list within your targeted budged. Slowly save and buy the items as you can afford them. Nice thing about rogues is all their money can go to gear upgrades since you don't have to buy sets of spells every 4-5 levels.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Frozen_Shard tough to beat in terms of bang for your buck. 13/26 piercer for under 1k. That plus haste item and you're good until planes/epic level.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

Haste item, see invis item (ravenscale mask is cheap) and a high damage 1hp for mainhand.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Bunch of great advice here. You should get these 1k+ items, guy with 200p. The weapon you want right now and can afford is a Crystalline Spider Fang. 10 22. It's my favorite low end rogue weapon and I don't think anything higher than 10 dmg is needed before epic. Nice to have, but 10 will get you to 45.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Personally I think he should get a VP key and pick up a rotting Dragon Claw Main Gauche from Silverwing. You can zone into VP at any level, the key is not that hard to get, and I'm sure any raid guild would happily hand that item to a newb. 10/19 handily beats your 10/22.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't upgrade Burning Rapier until 54. Sad I know, but a Crystalline Spider Fang will definitely hold you over until you get your epic. I'd get a .5 weapon or better for offhand to go with that, like a Crystalline Short Sword. Then just fill out your slots with cheap str gear as you can. 50+ you'll start making a ton of plat and looting upgrades at the same time simply by grouping in dungeons, and by then you'll have a real good idea of what you want for upgrades.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bunch of great advice here. You should get these 1k+ items, guy with 200p. The weapon you want right now and can afford is a Crystalline Spider Fang. 10 22. It's my favorite low end rogue weapon and I don't think anything higher than 10 dmg is needed before epic. Nice to have, but 10 will get you to 45.
The subject is, "what items should I be saving for?" Also, his current weapon is 11 dmg.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The subject is, "what items should I be saving for?" Also, his current weapon is 11 dmg.
Thanks. I can read. I gave the answer. Also, his current weapon is slow as fuck. I used a jade prod for 20 mins on Cecily.
Closed Thread