Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-21-2018, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Default Auction Tracker - remove bad entries

"temporarily disabled" for.... months at least? Is this ever going to be re-instituted?

Tons of bad prices (3 for 3k) and ridiculous Kyndal-esque overpricing in a few items.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

To which auction tracker are you referring?
Old 08-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Probably means the Wiki. https://wiki.project1999.com/Special:AuctionTracker

You can see removing bad entries function is disabled here

And theres pages that look like this Wurm Scale Coat as an example
Last edited by Kavious; 08-21-2018 at 03:08 PM..
Old 08-23-2018, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Yes, thanks Kav.

Looking back at some of my logs, it seems the "3 meaning 3k" is because the auctioneer actually used "3K" in his message.

Seems the auction tracker could fix that. It's not too hard a regex.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems the auction tracker could fix that. It's not too hard a regex.
Sadly, while the code for the auction tracker is available, it was: written in PHP (/rude), by someone who no longer plays here, and to fully understand it you also need to see the database tables (or at least the DB migration that created them), which no one but the staff has access to.

In other words, fixing anything in it is an incredibly difficult task, and I say this after having wasting hours trying to fix it to include Velious items [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ...

... unless the staff decides to give a benevolent programmer like myself access to the wiki's DB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-23-2018 at 12:11 PM..
Old 08-23-2018, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

I'd be happy to fix it also. Programmer of many years, SQL fluent. No PHP though.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

The wiki auction is wild wild west. abuse it.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Should just fork or use use http://ahungry.com/eqauctions then use that data to populate the wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... unless the staff decides to give a benevolent programmer like myself access to the wiki's DB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't see why (other than lack of time) it would be a big deal to provide a db dump or just the schema.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Orc

Exclamation *bump*

http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:...r/TRIMOUTLIERS

There are getting to be some ridiculous prices messing up the graphs. Can we get some programmers on this task? I volunteer. I'm a web and DB programmer.

If it has simply been deactivated, maybe there is commented out code that explains why that can be uncommented? In a perfect world...

One simply needs to look no further than the main landing page on the most active items to see that it's not functioning as intended.
Last edited by Meulaar; 05-07-2019 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: improvement
Old 05-07-2019, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately there are just two options here: the wiki or the "make your own auction site" route.

As has been mentioned, the "make your own auction site" path is easier than it has ever been. Before no one even knew if such sites could sustain enough interest to be worthwhile. Now, with AHungry and (formerly) P99 Tunnel we know they can succeed, and on top of that (as was mentioned) there's even OSS code you can copy to get started. And whether you use that code or not, you can use any language you want.

But as far as the wiki goes, to change the auction tracker (even to just re-enable the price-fixing piece) you need the ability to install custom (PHP) extensions on the wiki. I know of only two people with that power: Rogean and Ravhin.

The source code for the existing extension is freely available: http://wiki.project1999.com/utils/wikiUtils.php. That's not the problem; the problem is ... well it's three-part:
  1. someone needs to determine what the correct "fix" is (eg. re-enable price fixing, re-enable only for admins, implement some sort of voting scheme, etc.)
  2. someone needs to write the PHP code to implement that fix
  3. someone has to convince a wiki server admin (Rogean or Ravhin) to install that extension

I'd love to help with this, but I sort of despise PHP, plus I've begged both Rogean and Ravhin for enough wiki improvements already. But I'd love to see someone else (who can tolerate PHP) take up the torch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.