Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Kobold

Default Dungeon Roamer Pathing

There is a bug with dungeon roamer pathing. One of two things is happening:

A) Some roamers are often (if not always) going from their starting point to their end point directly without going to any (or skipping at least some) spot(s) in between -- going right through any walls in their way.

or

B) Their pathing configuration was entered incorrectly, and has no or inadequate points set between the start and end points even though there is no direct path to those points in the geometry, (i.e. walls in the way) causing them to path through walls, walk off bridges, etc.

You can see this behavior when a roamer seems to walk into a wall for a moment then disappears. On the client, it can't walk through the wall. On the server, it does. I've seen this in several dungeons; guktop, gukbottom, and paw to name a few.

Sadly this makes doing dungeons in small groups rather difficult when mobs seemingly come from nowhere. I've also seen huge trains just randomly come out of nowhere somehow in the path of these "ghost" mobs.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:59 PM
Former Guide

Resolving due to age, assuming lots of pathing updates since OP
Closed Thread