Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Hill giants in wk are blue to 51. Doesn't take long to narrow down the spawn points. They have a lot of hp, but if twinked and you know how to do backstabs solo, they're doable and make you rich. A couple nights in a group is way faster though.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

The best way for a rogue to solo is to get the best gear possible (duh), fight in the highest ZEM zones possible, bum buffs from higher players, and pay for rezzes when you inevitably die. Don’t die in obscure places and hope an epic cleric will stroll by or be willing to do so without a healthy bribe.

Even without a fungi you can do this in HHK sneaking around killing low blues or xp greens. Occasionally duoing up for like bards or nobles. Mid 50’s unless you have great gear this will get pretty dodgy though since mobs in general (let alone in HHK) become scarce and hit much harder. Luck with a locustlure procs and having root nets/sow pots for unlucky attempts would be advised.

I enjoyed poison with my rogue on live. However, unless you spend days farming or find a sadist who did supply of mats is the bottleneck. It’s more of a novelty or situational boost than reliable damage. Hell...single dose pots for backpack management alone would make me buy shaman DS ones instead.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cause rogues are the worst soloers in game. You will not have solo efficiency anywhere at that lvl, even if you were de leveled with NToV stuff
A rogue can solo pretty well if he knows how to backstab while having aggro. Epic and fungi will carry you to 53 easily with DL 'vargs.
Old 07-27-2019, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A rogue can solo pretty well if he knows how to backstab while having aggro. Epic and fungi will carry you to 53 easily with DL 'vargs.
80k pp only carrying you to 53 on open world mobs should be an indicator of how garbage the class is at soloing
Old 07-27-2019, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

I didnt say its impossible. I said rogues are the most inefficient soloers in game. Even with all those tricks and stuff, a similarly geared -any other class- will solo better.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
80k pp only carrying you to 53 on open world mobs should be an indicator of how garbage the class is at soloing
Most classes have difficulty soloing 53+.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I enjoyed poison with my rogue on live. However, unless you spend days farming or find a sadist who did supply of mats is the bottleneck. It’s more of a novelty or situational boost than reliable damage. Hell...single dose pots for backpack management alone would make me buy shaman DS ones instead.
For XP soloing, you're basically only going to want to use spine break, and you're going to want to build it in the field. Don't carry the poisons, carry the materials, and a 10 slot pack holds 50 doses. Spine Break uses all store bought ingredients, and slow is the best effect for soloing anyway.

For special purpose soloing, where you're trying to kill a single hard non-summoning target and have time and space to work with, you want Spirit of Sloth, because again it is entirely store bought, and also the strongest/longest lasting snare. You can then bow kite/melee and bind wounds kite/additional DoT kite/whatever to eventually kill the target.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:26 AM
Sarnak

As mentioned earlier with decent gear bloodgills is the way to go, was slow at 51 and very slow at 52 (when I gave up). Towards the end I could make it all the way around right as respawn started.

Had fungi, epic, haste etc

Followed the same path with my monk later and found it was actually easier on rogue as I could burn through them much quicker and in general sneak splitting was easy enough on all but one of the double spawns.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 08-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Followed the same path with my monk later and found it was actually easier on rogue
I do not believe you....unless we're talking apples to oranges and you went ALS style on the monk or something.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

HHK hands down, you can solo bards or nobles and dyrna til 58
Closed Thread