Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Default PewDiePie has to explain that his $50,000 pledge to an anti-hate group is legit

In a video yesterday, Felix “Pewdiepie” Kjellberg announced a generous $50,000 donation to the Anti-Defamation League, a 100-year-old advocacy organization founded to combat anti-Semitism. Kjellberg, who was celebrating his 100,000,000-follower touchstone on YouTube, explained in his video that “I feel like I’ve finally come to terms with the responsibility I have as a creator."

It’s unambiguously good for a respected anti-hate group to receive a cash boon, and Kjellberg followed up with a Tweet today to say his motive was earnest. But a contingent of Kjellberg’s followers aren’t convinced he did it out of the goodness of his heart, The Verge first reported. Hundreds of fans, posting on 4chan, Twitter and Reddit, are spreading the conspiracy theory that Kjellberg was “blackmailed” into donating to the ADL. Several emphatically believe that the ADL threatened Kjellberg with bad press or censorship on YouTube in exchange for the money.

In the meantime, it appears moderators of the subreddit dedicated to Pewdiepie fandom have been assiduously removing comments perpetuating the conspiracy theory. One attempt to clear things up yesterday in a pinned post by noting that “Felix donated to the ADL. He is not controlled by, employed by or in any other way affiliated with the ADL.” They added, “I have been called a ‘jew,’ ‘rabbi,’ ‘goyim’ hundreds of times in my DMs over the past 24 hours.” Source
Old 09-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

YouTube was a mistake.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Who?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

This guy.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

He looks like a shit head who is profitting on his various “scandals” being “newsworthy”

Pop culture 2019 /puke
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Banned

No one cares

Moving to resolved
Old 09-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

He has 100,000,000 followers on YouTube and got hired and fired by Disney, he's hardly obscure.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Banned

What ever you gotta tell yourself to justify watching a grown man play minecraft on youtube.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Trust me, I'm not a fan.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a video yesterday, Felix “Pewdiepie” Kjellberg announced a generous $50,000 donation to the Anti-Defamation League, a 100-year-old advocacy organization founded to combat anti-Semitism. Kjellberg, who was celebrating his 100,000,000-follower touchstone on YouTube, explained in his video that “I feel like I’ve finally come to terms with the responsibility I have as a creator."
This article says he has 100 million followers but the Variety article says he has 57 million. Either way, why would anyone want to subscribe this guy in the first place and why do so many people subscribe to him?
Closed Thread