Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

The changes in TOV will be fun for a while causing classic clears. Just need fixes on a few things (fd blur %, safe spots, faction hits)
Last edited by Victorio; 02-14-2017 at 09:32 AM..
Old 02-14-2017, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But they aren't classic because the randomised chance to forget on feign is far too low. This has a pretty significant effect on multiple mobs (because the effect of too low a chance to mem blur is amplified.

If you pull two mobs, and they have a 50% chance of blur on feign, you have a 25% chance of both mobs forgetting allowing a Sneak pull as they return (which has also been nerfed). If the two mobs have a 10% chance of blur on feign (which seems to be the case on P99) then you have a ONE PERCENT chance of both mobs forgetting. And that's just for two mobs.

This is MILES out of line with feign pulling on Live. It is Not Classic.

It appears that the current implementation will not allow feign split without using the mob's reset point. This is broken and not how the game worked on Live. We've moved from a situation where feign splitting was too easy (and it was, completely broken) to one where it is too difficult.
/this
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 02-14-2017, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Code
  • Haynar: Added "lazy aggro" behavior for NPCs. If they get too far from their target, they will no longer chase.
hold my beer... bards can properly swarm (charm) kite now???
Old 02-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

to clarify^

if you ran out of the "lazy aggro" range of your swarm they would attack your pet instead, soon as you got close enough they would all turn back at you. This worked during kunark on live, mob type/social aggro/factions didn't matter.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The changes in TOV will be fun for a while causing classic clears. Just need fixes on a few things (fd blur %, safe spots, faction hits)
FD is supposed to have a 65% chance to blur. I will check that its working right.
Last edited by Haynar; 02-14-2017 at 11:38 AM..
Old 02-14-2017, 11:40 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FD is supposed to have a 65% chance to blur. I will check that its working right.
My bad. Its 65% chance to remember you. That is pretty bad.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Have you been Haynar'd lately?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:06 PM
Large Rat

I don't think Lazy agro was in the game even in PoP. Not sure if anyone knows what earthshaker pulls were but basically I'd go to a zone like plane of nightmare and I'd agro virtually the entire zone and have a train of around 200ish mobs and solo kill the entire train instantly. I'd imagine something like lazy agro would have made doing that extremely difficult and tedious but I don't remember ever having any such issues.

I just remember going around agroing everything and running without ever worrying about how far the train got from me. In fact I clearly remember that many times I'd lose the train because I ran so far away from it that I'd have to sit still for like 20 or so seconds before it got close enough for me to see it again.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Banned

I'm glad the devs are slavishly working to make the game as grueling and unfun as possible for the sake of perceived classic after years of a game mechanic being accepted practice.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

P99 now beats counterstrike: global offensive in most useless and unfair updates.

How many dev's are on this thing? 1???

/s for those who take this comment seriously (serious but not serious, but serious).
Closed Thread