Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed.

I think what it all boils down to is that Uthgaard didn't finish reading Jimjam's post. He saw something about a GM ruling, stopped reading/thinking, and replied with a dumb reply.

But look, if you were a GM, and you had read eighteen million posts of people bitching over the (100% legitimate) rulings you've made (while volunteering your time to help people), your brain would very likely do the exact same thing: it would automatically become defensive the moment you see anyone bring up a past ruling, and you'd think "this is just another one of those losers bitching". And even more so if you haven't been around in awhile, and don't know that Jimjam is a stand-up poster.

Clearly Jimjam had no hostility in his original post. But, anyone with a brain ... and especially anyone who appreciates people who volunteer their time, to let us all play on a free 20-year old elf sim ... can forgive Uthgaard for an easy-to-understand mistake (undoubtedly one caused by the trauma of having to deal with all of us losers as a GM).

And at the end of the day, ibso is correct. Everyone here is a loser: we're spending our free time talking about a 20-year old game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you Loramin; I have endless respect for anyone who mained a barbarian shaman in classic (*self dap*). I suggest having found a hobby that brings us so much joy for literal decades, I'm bi winning and so is everyone else!

Edit: the avatar I've been rocking for the past couple of days is actually out of sympathy for Uthgaard and the current staff for the sheer volume of words p1999 must get sent every day (often by me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-20-2019 at 09:34 PM..
Old 10-20-2019, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Good to hear from ya man. I recently took a 5-6 year break myself. Didn't know you were gone until a couple months back.

Doubt you remember but you helped me with the Ponzi situation...a guildie that scammed a ton of people who got banned. He took 100k of my plat pre-Kunark. I ended up taking a 1 year break and when I came back I petitioned and you were able to help me get my 100k back, over a year later...you even delivered it to me as Fippy Darkpaw lol. That really made my day bro.

I always thought you were an awesome dev/gm.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm do the staff bashing rules apply to “former staff”
Depends on how much money they took from players looking for advantages, or items they stole from accounts they had banned to to then RMT and give away said items, or items they'd given to females from banned accounts in exchange for friendly cyber/flirting, or giving out spawn timers to various females over the years on rare occasions.

Or just outright banned peoples accounts in game for forum posts they had made exposing them for the above.

Or unbanning people who paid moneys, unbanning people who were banned for various reasons, changing names back and changing peoples names for donations/info etc. Having 'little birds' and 'spys' who were enticed to 'help' give info in exchange for preferential treatment and guild rulings. Or outright refusing to have civil conversations with guilds and raid banning them multiple times even when no evidence is shown.

I mean, sure dump shit on all the ex staff who actively worked and acted to make this place a corrupt, broken, unfair, nefariousn place to play. And celebrate the ones who did well, acted in good faith, continue to do so, went out of their way to listen to both sides, etc etc. Lot of great ex staff here too and that's forgotten, or their names were overshadowed by others' bad acts.

Llandris is a god damn hero amongst some utter filth who have inhibited his boots prior, so far.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of my fondest memories on P99 was watching his EC meltdown. Xzerion sends his regards.
you're the same person tho!!1!11eleven!
Old 10-20-2019, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Green not classic without uthgaard. WTB Uth returned as a guide status.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-21-2019, 12:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green not classic without uthgaard. WTB Uth returned as a guide status.
Why you demote Uthgaard?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Server GM is currently occupied. By someone who I haven't had the pleasure to interact with yet(in game, in this capacity).

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-21-2019, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

There's enough whining and misery to go around, they can share...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:56 AM
Fire Giant

Uthgaard 2020!
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-21-2019, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good to hear from ya man. I recently took a 5-6 year break myself. Didn't know you were gone until a couple months back.

Doubt you remember but you helped me with the Ponzi situation...a guildie that scammed a ton of people who got banned. He took 100k of my plat pre-Kunark. I ended up taking a 1 year break and when I came back I petitioned and you were able to help me get my 100k back, over a year later...you even delivered it to me as Fippy Darkpaw lol. That really made my day bro.

I always thought you were an awesome dev/gm.
That's some cool shit.

Thanks for stopping by again Uthgaard. I, too, remember your harsh but fair punishments. And don't mind all the haters who are still salty. I can speak from experience: if you eat a ban on Project1999, you probably had it coming to you.
Closed Thread