Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

I also recall this oddball game mechanic. It took this post to remind me about it. I have vague recollections of this when in Blackburrow and of conversations about it. It's very hazy but it did exist. They would run around near you.. I don't recall if this was done with the intention of spreading out agro across all who get added to the hate list instead of having all mobs pounding one player. It seems to be more of a bug than anything. I do not recall when this behavior was removed from the game.
It's surprising what comes back into memory when reading and discussing old time EQ.
-----------------------
Old 08-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

After reading this, I think the original poster is right. I remember having goblins line up in permafrost, 4-6 would hit you but you're right with the others standing in the back. Once a mob was dead another goblin would jump into the fray. Just my 2 cents, pretty new to the server but I do recall that.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

I seem to remember this with greens / rooting mobs. When root would break, mobs would do a "slow trot" if you were already engaged, then come charging back if you attacked them or killed one of the mobs hitting you.

But this is just conjecture, as I have no proof. I wouldn't want to see this implemented on the server either. Just like Run Speed, too easy to exploit.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

You all make me chuckle~
Old 08-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnOme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You all make me chuckle~
This mechanic did exist, for a few years.

Like some of the other posters have said, if you were fighting 4 at once that gave exp, you would normally move and never find out about it.

Very, very true. This existed.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know for a fact that you could only root 3 mobs at once. If you rooted the 4th one, the first one would break root and walk away,but would come back once _one_ of the other 3 were dead.

Notice I said root, not snare.
This. 100% true. This happened all the way up to velious. I remember as a Wizard soloing in Eastern waste rygorr camps, rooting the 4th would break the first root and it would run all over the place like it was feared and snared, untill you killed one of the other 3.

Most wizards who soloed a lot learned this, because of adds, and/or having to break camps with only root as help.

I also knew this mechanic very well on my monk killing greens for tradeskills.Pull a train of 20 mobs, the closest 3 would attack you, the rest would sit back about 10 feet walking back and fourth untill one of the first 3 died, then the closest "waiter" would move in and start attacking. made farming a lot easier as you didnt have to fight a few at a time time, then run around having to pull more.
Closed Thread