Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:32 AM
Fire Giant

Default Why did pet dmg get nerfed?

I have a 56 necro, and my mnk pet used to flying kick for 120-156dmg, now he does max 69... why is this? after we have already been nerfed on kiting with dots, snare root?

I dont recall seeing this in the patch notes, at all.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:46 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 56 necro, and my mnk pet used to flying kick for 120-156dmg, now he does max 69... why is this? after we have already been nerfed on kiting with dots, snare root?

I dont recall seeing this in the patch notes, at all.
Re-read the patch notes, you'll see that the nerf was to flying kick for NPCs your pet unfortunately got hit with the bat cause he choose to roll a monk~

"Kanras: More accurate NPC backstab and flying kick damage ranges."

Hope this helps~
Old 08-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnOme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Re-read the patch notes, you'll see that the nerf was to flying kick(monks) your pet unfortunately got hit with the bat cause he choose to roll a monk~

"Kanras: More accurate NPC backstab and flying kick damage ranges."

Hope this helps~
Yeah, i see it now. Still awesome so now the mobs take twice as long to be killed. I wonder why i bother.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:09 AM
Fire Giant

Hopefully this fixed weird, random (to my knowledge) pet bonus damage. I never recalled mage air pets actually using flying kick, but some 53 mage farming HK guards had an airpet kicking for 150.

IIRC, the monk pet only kicked for 89ish on live. The rogue backstabbed for, again, IIRC, 156 or so. I don't know what the rogue was hitting for here though.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, i see it now. Still awesome so now the mobs take twice as long to be killed. I wonder why i bother.
The key word in that quote there was ACCURATE. The devs are doing this because it's how it was on live. If you "wonder why you bother" playing classic EverQuest, maybe you'd be better off just leaving instead of getting all offended that the devs are working on making the server accurate to how it was back then.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Sarnak

Pre patch. My lvl 49 necro pet. Dark blue at 51 would hit for max of 51-55 (most times would be a max 51 hit pet)
Post patch. Dark blue pet hitting for max 49.

Pre patch. Light blue At 51 would hit for max 49.
Post patch. Havnt had one to test yet.

6 pet tests. All been dark blue. All have max hit of 49. (useing 2 FS short swords)
Old 08-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Bye
Old 08-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Yes because all your pet does for attacks is flying kicks it must take twice as long now!
Old 08-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes because all your pet does for attacks is flying kicks it must take twice as long now!
Pretty sure DW/DA rate dropped along with max damage of regular hits as well, not just special attacks.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by connect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre patch. My lvl 49 necro pet. Dark blue at 51 would hit for max of 51-55 (most times would be a max 51 hit pet)
Post patch. Dark blue pet hitting for max 49.

Pre patch. Light blue At 51 would hit for max 49.
Post patch. Havnt had one to test yet.

6 pet tests. All been dark blue. All have max hit of 49. (useing 2 FS short swords)
Phallex, it was covered in the post below his, heh. Shave off 6ish dmg per hit and halve the flying kick dmg and well... there ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Closed Thread