Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 03:15 AM
VIP / Contributor

I don't have any issue with what people have said regarding there opinions of the screenshot or how they feel the staff should handle the situation. I could careless if you hang all the raiding guilds laundry out to dry and tear them apart. But when people are making accusations that the staff just doesn't care, or newer players are being led to believe that we don't. I will say something. I knew my comments would fall on deaf ears to the regulars to this forum who have nothing better to do then to pick a fight.

And honestly I don't feel that attacked either. I think more then anything you just like to argue, no matter what I say you will have a witty retort. It is the way of the internet. I only lose when I let ya get under my skin.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnOme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are two of the post that got me talking here, you are the only reason I'm still here...I like talking to you.
Well, at least it's more interaction than SOE ever had with their community. Still like talking to a brick wall, but at least you put the effort in to actually let people know you do read the forums.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneauth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would such a small population police itself?
Well, the lead guild on the server appears to be receiving preferential treatment from the staff. Maybe this is just appearances, or maybe you're playing on a non-legit sandbox. I tend to give the staff the benefit of the doubt because if TR really is the admin sandbox guild, why wouldn't they just fail to disclose the hacking by members of that guild?

But it reminds me of my time on "A Certain EMU PvP Server." During my time on "A Certain EMU PvP Server," I noticed a trend of "A Certain Guild" always receiving preferential treatment from the server staff. In my direct PvP confrontations with "A Certain Guild," they hacked and exploited worse than anybody else on the server. But they were never punished for it, other than a one-time slap on the wrist.

Why? Probably because it was their sandbox. The slap on the wrist was likely self imposed and only for the sake of appearances. The guild I ran with was composed of people like myself with careers and family. I often had to take breaks from leading Hate raids to change diapers and make bottles. My guild had to make a decision. Do we continue to play in a sandbox where the dominant guild has insurmountable advantages? Or do we quit?

We decided that we enjoyed playing in a PvP environment, even on a non-legit server, enough so that we kept playing. We took down some raid targets when "A Certain Guild" didn't batphone and get to them first or arrive on the scene and train us with utter impunity. Mostly we enjoyed playing together, and "A Certain Server" was the only viable PvP environment with enough entertainment value to keep us together.

So how do you police your own server? Well, after TR showed its true hypocritical nature, going from derision toward hackers in other guilds to welcoming their own hackers back with open arms, you need to find a way to out poopsock and out batphone them. You need to hail Emperor Salty and say "I want to slay dragons."

Because you can cry GM favoritism all you want, but as long as TR is more active, organized and faster to target than all the rest of you put together, guess who is going to be keyed for VP? Cry more.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:25 AM
Kobold

Join red99 a happy hack free environment with legit players and a true everquest experience that will resonate in your brain til you keel over and die at a ripe old age
Old 09-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnOme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand what the staff is supposed to do. He was temp banned and de-leveled just like everyone else that was caught cheating recently. (the reason for leniency has already been addressed by the staff so I won't do it here)

As far as the accusations of his 2box'n I just don't see the "proof" your screaming of. Someone said he was on another char, while his char was logged in? So what? I'm gonna throw a situation into the mix that will explain a possible scenario that occurred....

Perun was caught cheating and de-leveled to 54, he decided a AE group was the best way to get this xp back. He has access to a friends character that will help but is the only one with access to it, he has another friend to log on his account while he plays the other character to help himself lvl.....

There are many variations of this situation that could be valid in this situation. The fact is the only way to know for sure if someone is 2 box'n is to have a GM/guide in game check to find out.....

Accuse the staff of whatever you like, but to pretend there is some kind of proof of 2 box'n in the OPs pic is a stretch.....questionable yes. Proof no..... It makes it sooo much harder on the staff when you guys blow stuff out of proportion or see some sort of "proof" that just isn't there....

If you see something questionable in game and feel something wrong is being done, Petition it. Regardless of what you might think the fact is that Rogean and Nilbog bust there ass to make sure things run as fairly as they can for EVERYONE who plays. The GM staff currently active are some of the most fair and attentive one's the server has ever had.....take advantage of that. Don't come on here with half truths and perceptions of what might have happened....Read into it if you must, but don't turn it into a witch hunt screaming of proof that doesn't exist.
Really they bust there asses to make sure everything is fair for EVERYONE? What about us player that were perma banned for 2 boxing? did we get a 2 week vacation~hell no we didnt.Your talking out your butt..
Old 09-14-2011, 05:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I don't have any issue with what people have said regarding there opinions of the screenshot or how they feel the staff should handle the situation. I could careless if you hang all the raiding guilds laundry out to dry and tear them apart. But when people are making accusations that the staff just doesn't care, or newer players are being led to believe that we don't. I will say something. I knew my comments would fall on deaf ears to the regulars to this forum who have nothing better to do then to pick a fight.

And honestly I don't feel that attacked either. I think more then anything you just like to argue, no matter what I say you will have a witty retort. It is the way of the internet. I only lose when I let ya get under my skin.
THE STAFF DONT CARE~~THIS IS FACT. I still have a petition in forum that has not been answer in months and staff is fair?
Old 09-14-2011, 05:35 AM
Planar Protector

big knuckle brings some unexpected even keel wisdom to an otherwise faggoty thread
Old 09-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Planar Protector

lol how did I miss this retarded thread.

If you didn't know that TR would kick perun (for absolutely no fucking reason at all) and then make him reapp (for absolutely no fucking reason at all) just so he could be automatically reinvited (for absolutely no fucking reason at all), you are just fucking stupid.

Fucking stupid like TR kicking Perun in the first place. You guys cheat, that's cool, your friend cheats, that's cool too. Why would you kick him, when you already know he's getting the tag back? That just boggles the shit out of me.

I'd of much rather seen you guys keep him guilded and give everyone the finger. Not half assed act like "omg he had to reapp and we had to see if he would make it thru the process again!" that's a joke.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Old 09-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Banned

Wait, TR let Perun back in?

Their just giving up all their credability just like that?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feachie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's not boxing unless you're actively playing them both at the same time amirite?
lol it's not boxing at all if it's 2 separate IPs and one isn't actively doing squat, which is what would be the best educated guess of what was going on.

If you want to play detective further, the fact that he was still in the same spot hours later means he was probably just leeching xp while sleeping, which isn't a crime. If the group is cool with it, there's no victim.

Even the worst 'two-boxer' in the world boxing someone that much in the current public eye wouldn't leave them chilling solo in skyfire for an entire night. They'd clean up a 'wrongdoing' a littler better than that. Just use some common sense. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Closed Thread