Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 07:15 PM
Large Rat

Default Starting Fresh

Hi everyone. I am starting fresh with Project 99 and was just wanting to get into the community. I started playing EQ originally in early 2000. Started as a Wood elf Ranger but quickly changed to an Ogre warrior as that is what my friends needed. I eventually adapted to a Dwarf Cleric after they all quit when Wow came out. Anyways, it's been a REALLY long time since i played this version of EQ let alone solo.

I guess what I'm looking for are some suggestions on what race/class combo would get me going quick.Any tips and tricks would help greatly!

Thanks in advance,
--Rithious
Old 02-20-2016, 07:33 PM
Aviak

Welcome to p99 bud; I think the fun will pick up right where you left off before! As for race/class questions - an interesting thread is active right now that may address some of your concerns > http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=229258

Starting a race with access to EC might be an option to get going quick, FoB and Gfay are both very active. Check out the guides in the wiki too!
Old 02-20-2016, 11:28 PM
Sarnak

Enchanter is my fav class. They can Solo extremely well and are also highly desired in groups. They don't need gear and if you remember that you don't NEED all of your spells they are a super cheap class. Pick any race as long as you pick agnostic.
Don't let anyone insult you by telling you that they are too hard to play.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:56 PM
Kobold

Hail! I'm in the same boat you are. I rolled a barbarian shaman and am having success. If I had any tips to share from being an old-new player myself, it would be to remember what game you're playing. EQ rewards patience and strategy right out of the gate. Don't take unnecessary risks unless you're willing to pay the price. Find yourself a humanoid with a cracked staff and grind away!
Old 02-21-2016, 11:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Hat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All is subjective but IMO their probably the easiest class to play, ask any charm soloing druid how nice it would be to have mez, aoe mez, and mem blur.

Unless things have changed the mem blur component in the lv4 mez is OP as hell, being able to reset a fight without zoning, camping, or using feign death is God mode.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:51 AM
Sarnak

Remember, you can have more than one character.
Experiment. Try on a few different characters for size until you find the one that fits.
Make a DE Enchanter. A halfling Druid. An Iksar Necro. An Ogre Shadow Knight. A mage. A wizard, A rogue.
It's a GAME. Have fun. Don't play what you think other people need. Play what you ehjoy.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Fire Giant

You want hardcore? Play a gnomish warrior. Bonus for cuteness.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:04 PM
Large Rat

So i started with a Barbarian Rogue but was not having success. Everything out the gate was yellow and i could not kill anything. I then made a Gnome wizzard but im not much of a caster type so i lost interest. I am currently using a Half-Elf Warrior which im doing okay with. Started in Freeport. Thinking about going with an Erudite SK next to see if i like that.
Are any of the oldschool armor quests still around? the ones where you have to bring your class master a list of things to get a certain piece of armor. If i remember right, as an Ogre Warrior i had to bring 2 fire betel eyes, 4 pieces of bronze (i think) and a beetle carapass to get the chestpiece.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rithious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi everyone. I am starting fresh with Project 99 and was just wanting to get into the community. I started playing EQ originally in early 2000. Started as a Wood elf Ranger but quickly changed to an Ogre warrior as that is what my friends needed. I eventually adapted to a Dwarf Cleric after they all quit when Wow came out. Anyways, it's been a REALLY long time since i played this version of EQ let alone solo.

I guess what I'm looking for are some suggestions on what race/class combo would get me going quick.Any tips and tricks would help greatly!

Thanks in advance,
--Rithious
I made this thread, reguarding my strat for starting fresh and building an empire, it might help!

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=187694

Everything I tell you to do in this post, can be done by a good or EVIL enchanter! one of EQ's COOLEst and arguablly most powerful/best class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Hat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter is my fav class. They can Solo extremely well and are also highly desired in groups. They don't need gear and if you remember that you don't NEED all of your spells they are a super cheap class. Pick any race as long as you pick agnostic.
If you really want to invest in 1 character and make constant progress and really learn the most insane shit you can do with Everquest (that you never thought possible in the past, or always wondered if they were) Enchanter is the BEST class to teach you.

It can be easy mode EQ, but if you do it right it is the ultimate hard mode everquesting you will ever do.
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 02-22-2016 at 07:14 PM..
Old 02-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rithious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are any of the oldschool armor quests still around? the ones where you have to bring your class master a list of things to get a certain piece of armor. If i remember right, as an Ogre Warrior i had to bring 2 fire betel eyes, 4 pieces of bronze (i think) and a beetle carapass to get the chestpiece.
Unfortunately these quests were post-Luclin and will never be on p99.
Closed Thread