Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rithious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So after playing my warrior i have found that even with the 10% bonus experience it is still a pain in the a$$ to level. I think im going to change it up and try a monk. I don't feel as though the 10% bonus exp is makin up for the time it takes to kill a mob sometimes.
Nothing is easy, this is why EQ1 is so damn good. Just play something you like to play, because then the trip seems to go faster from that perspective even if it's kinda slower.

Like in the case for you first char on live, the ranger. Rangers have good gear to pursue for questing, and as well is cheaper than most class gear to buy at EC. You gotta look at the class, how it's function, what you want to do about gearing, and what you mostly want to do in end-game.

And the experience changes as you level the classes. Early on, they are more so humongous. You should know that though. imo all the melees are good for levleing, so you should be fine with whichever one. Just keep in mind your end-game goals when choosing.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Large Rat

So just an update. I tried the monk and got him to level 6. started dozing off every time i tried to play him so i made a cleric. Cleric got me in groups quick but i found i was just not effective with the way groups pull now a days so i lost spots after about 30 to 45 min. I went back to my rogue and had some gear given to me (didn't beg for it. Was a run by here you go thing) and my rogue is not level 8. I am rather enjoying my rogue so i believe i will stay with him. Now if i could just find groups haha! Solo as a rogue (in befallen) is complicated and sometimes a little rough but I make the best of it! Also, if anyone wants to farm some Ravenscale for me i would be willing to pay over time and would be much appreciate
Old 03-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

It's not playing the cleric that is the problem, just some of the PUGs are really really bad here. Like... trying to play EQ like WoW because that's all they know, bad. So when other players play in dumb mode, clerics feel the pain. If you want to heal early in the game, go with drui. Otherwise your cleric really needs some fair gear. Shammy is a good start for that too, more forgiving in groups, though a little more gear dependence compared to drui.

Sure, rogue is popular, and a class in the upper lists for raiding. Horrible for solo, ah but soloing can be over rated.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

I think the OP did not get the cleric to 8 when meditate comes. The levels before 8 are the hardest and you can not really fill the role of main healer in a group. A good group should know that. Below 8 if there are groups at all, its more like everybody fighting for themselves with a little bit of specialization and some bandages.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Large Rat

I find it a bit hard to solo as a cleric to start. I think I got him to level 6 but every time I went to orc hill in gfay I would get kicked after about 30 to 45 min because they would pull the entire camp (8 mobs) and I could not heal through that. Got kicked from groups about 4 or 5 times and just got frustrated and went to my rogue. I don't blame the cleric class, I just hate being frustrated because I get blamed for someone else's stupidity ya know. Anyways, the cleric is not gone but I'm just enjoying the rogue now so that's what I'm ganna play for now
Closed Thread