Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 07:58 PM
Orc

Default Guises and Manastones and puppet strings... Oh, my!

It's already obvious that the guise and mana stone camps are going to be a pain in the tush for the GMs, as well as everyone who wants one that is not a part of whatever alliance (whether guilds, group of friends, or whatever) that will have those camps locked down.

What if those items were left out on Green from the get-go? How many people would not bother with green, because their plan for Green is to load up on those items in case Green does merge with Blue at the end of it's timeline?

I hope that if those items are in the Green loot tables, that Green never merges with Blue (which I have never seen anything from the GMs saying that would happen, anyway). I don't have any of those types of high-dollar items, and my play is not negatively impacted in any way by not having them. I would rather see Green drama remain on Green, and not bleed into Blue if/when they're merged.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Why do gnomes always ask questions that seem like they are intended to rustle peoples jimmies?
Old 08-23-2019, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeLuvr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if those items were left out on Green from the get-go? How many people would not bother with green, because their plan for Green is to load up on those items in case Green does merge with Blue at the end of it's timeline?

I hope that if those items are in the Green loot tables, that Green never merges with Blue (which I have never seen anything from the GMs saying that would happen, anyway). I don't have any of those types of high-dollar items, and my play is not negatively impacted in any way by not having them. I would rather see Green drama remain on Green, and not bleed into Blue if/when they're merged.
You would think the staff would clarify some of these things. It is almost September
Old 08-23-2019, 08:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeLuvr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's already obvious that the guise and mana stone camps are going to be a pain in the tush for the GMs, as well as everyone who wants one that is not a part of whatever alliance (whether guilds, group of friends, or whatever) that will have those camps locked down.

Confused by this mentality, what do you care if someone who has ample time to lock down these time limited items carries them over to blue IF they get merged? They are going to be camped probably non-stop regardless if blue and green merges or not.. This is the second thread saying the same thing (that I have seen, probably been more) and it always just looks like "I don't have the time/intention/allies to camp the items before they are gone, or won't be able to get into the camp cause others are "having fun" camping them non stop, so I don't want anyone else to be able to either"

If they did get merged over to blue, does it matter that there are more manastones on blue?

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-23-2019, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

Well i mean if green were to keep going like blue instead of merging or ending/resetting then they would end up being worth just as much.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

Easy answer to the situation.

Step 1 - confirm that the GM's will enforce player-created server rules involving mob camps on Green like they will on Blue.
Step 2 - encounter a camp such as manastone or guise with a very small group of people wanting to 'lock it' and roate with each other.
Step 3 - gain the support of a substantial amount of people to agree that special item camps should involve lines of characters using a list, and that the campers logging off to log on alts would be prohibited.
Step 4 - get the thumbs up from the GM's that the agreement has overwhelming support.
Step 5 - enjoy classic lines of people waiting for rare drops just like they did back on old retail classic for the Najena Jboots, etc.

Bonus points for asking the GM's to ban accounts linked to the ISP of a person breaking the rule.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

There's no reason to merge the servers after the green timeline ends. Isn't the whole idea behind green to stay true to a eq live timeline? How does merging to an endless timeline at the end support that idea? It doesn't.

It would also flood the blue server with items it shouldn't have anymore. I think the merge thing will never happen and once green is done, so are the characters on it.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

As an owner of most no-longer-dropping items, I strongly hope the items carry over. A semi-regular influx of Lockets and other no longer extant items would be very good for Blue server health. Green will be a toxic dump either way, hence the name, I believe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2019, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easy answer to the situation.

Step 1 - confirm that the GM's will enforce player-created server rules involving mob camps on Green like they will on Blue.
Step 2 - encounter a camp such as manastone or guise with a very small group of people wanting to 'lock it' and roate with each other.
Step 3 - gain the support of a substantial amount of people to agree that special item camps should involve lines of characters using a list, and that the campers logging off to log on alts would be prohibited.
Step 4 - get the thumbs up from the GM's that the agreement has overwhelming support.
Step 5 - enjoy classic lines of people waiting for rare drops just like they did back on old retail classic for the Najena Jboots, etc.

Bonus points for asking the GM's to ban accounts linked to the ISP of a person breaking the rule.
It's an answer, but far from an easy one.

I helped try to establish the Shady Goblin agreement, and it was a nightmare. It took weeks, it was frustrating, and it was fragile: if one more Siryado had been there I truly believe we wouldn't have a Shady Goblin agreement today.

What it really boils down to is that player agreements on P99 are consensus-based, and while consensus systems are awesome when you have a group of regulars (my college student government used consensus extremely effectively), they're a nightmare with groups of complete strangers.

It shouldn't take some massive player effort, repeated at every popular camp, just to establish an extremely basic rule that virtually every player on the server would agree with.

Everyone should have to wait in line until it's their turn. No lockouts, and no using relationships with friends or guildies to gain any advantage over other players.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-24-2019 at 10:43 AM..
Old 08-24-2019, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Soery you wont get guise / manastone
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread