Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

All classes are fun at 60 depending on the person playing it
Old 10-24-2018, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a City of Heroes private server, right?
I wish but if anyone knows one pls share. I really miss that game. Played from beta to close with breaks in between.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish but if anyone knows one pls share. I really miss that game. Played from beta to close with breaks in between.
From what I've heard, there is a server up, but there are no enemy mobs so it's a glorified chat room.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All classes are fun at 60 depending on the person playing it
Old 10-24-2018, 11:17 PM
Kobold

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're crazy.

Paladin is a blast. A ton of utility and potential for improvement with gear. Honestly a lot of the other classes feel boring or tedious in comparison.

Zura has been a wizard hater since day 1. I enjoy playing my wizard but once again it's one of those things were it gets more interesting if you are really utilizing the class. If all you are going to do is nuke then just expect to be happy when you are not doing really extended fighting. However, if you are in roles where you are using bind sight, tagging mobs, burning with big nukes, banes, stunning, rooting, mobilizing, there is variety.
I was just noting that nobody had picked either of them out as the most fun to play up to that point. I had a 60 gnome paladin with a bunch of clickies on live back in the day and it was fun for sure, though I never raided on him.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

Id genuinely like to know why Rangers are getting so many mentions. This is not a bash on Rangers. Its an honest inquiry.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

Prob bard because it's always fun to be the fastest thing in the game, and probably the most or second most variety of abilities.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Controllers in City of Heroes had EQ enchanters beat. They were what an EQ enchanter would be if it had unlimited mana, unlimited spell gems, 1 second cast times on all their spells and the ability to self heal.

Everything in City of Heroes was massively overpowered though. Tanks with 90% damage resistance to everything. Defenders that could give the entire team a 90% dodge rate vs. most attacks. But since there were difficulty sliders to crank up the difficulty, and NPCs also got access to a lot of broken stuff, it ended up actually balancing out pretty well.

God I miss that game so much sometimes.
If you miss CoH as much as i do, check out ship of heroes. Out of the 3 games trying to be the successor, that's easily the best and most professional. It will go life in 2019 (probably).
Old 10-25-2018, 02:11 PM
Orc

59 bard here - can't speak to 60 just yet but I can say with 100% certainty that Bard is the most fun class in this entire game.
It is constant, never-ending fun. Grouping, raiding, soloing. . . you can do EVERYTHING.
in groups, I act as CC, buffer, puller, kiter, and of course murderer. 4-song weaves means your fingers are active, and the high-risk-reward scenarios you can get into make it exhilarating.
Trying to level alts is impossible because they run so damn slow, they level SO DAMN SLOW. In raids, the casters stand up, cast spell, sit down. the melee turn on auto attack and wait... but bards? Weave resistance songs, ATK buffs, slows and debuffs on enemies. need I say more?
If you'd like more proof check out my stream ( www.twitch.tv/gnomezilla ) for Dawn Believer raids and high-level bard mechanics. I'll help you fall in love
Old 10-25-2018, 10:04 PM
Kobold

erudite paladin.

pros:

-show up to raids and collect loot by default!

-everybody loves you cause you're an erudite paladin.
(except extreme no-lifers who hate themselves and everyone because they spend 16 hours a week staring at pixelated walls)

-warriors love you even more cause you give them more hp.

-you can be useful at raids because you have an array of crowd control spells that complement enchanter mechanics.
(and you can save their asses when their pets break)

-shield of the stalwart seas.

-best fashion quest in the game.

-Xtreem Prex0rz RP.

-veritable unicorn.

-you'll be massively overpowered in regular group situations with all that free raid gear.

-paladins only die at raids.

cons:
-you'll be a paladin, one of the most understood creatures in Norrath.

-your DPS will always suck in comparison.

-can't tank raid mobs.

Magelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest
Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Last edited by Achromatic; 10-25-2018 at 10:12 PM..
Closed Thread