Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am working on a memoir about my experiences as an aspiring project 1999 forum quest warrior and it will include select writings. I will make sure this is included and send you a signed copy for your contributions.

Any new server is a guaranteed success. No new server will be enjoyable forever.
Fair
Old 05-31-2021, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

I think the correct answer is to add guild forts, that you can bind at and/or possibly once every rarely port too (But if ported to in a short period of time you can not exit the fort, to prevent abuse of fort of spamming gate back to fort.)

With forts in the game then people can reorganize, reform casually, and perform a task with precision. Like taking back Crushbone, or trying to defend an OP guilds reach in Temple of Veeshan.

Plus if we add mines like in Shadowbane, to maintain the forts. Then prime location camps multiply, thus reducing the amount of people per camp that are overloading the camp. Mine fights were fun. Around a random time per day they would activate, and there would be a 30 minute window of opportunity for other guilds to take the mine, and then sometimes select up to, one out of three resources, to maintain their forts.

But once again, out of legal rights.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

I think it would be cool if there was ever an expansion after Velious, there was still massing fungi tunic farming, for guards at peoples forts. (Rogues can sneak into other peoples forts, so need guards.)
Old 05-31-2021, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the correct answer is to add guild forts, that you can bind at and/or possibly once every rarely port too (But if ported to in a short period of time you can not exit the fort, to prevent abuse of fort of spamming gate back to fort.)

With forts in the game then people can reorganize, reform casually, and perform a task with precision. Like taking back Crushbone, or trying to defend an OP guilds reach in Temple of Veeshan.

Plus if we add mines like in Shadowbane, to maintain the forts. Then prime location camps multiply, thus reducing the amount of people per camp that are overloading the camp. Mine fights were fun. Around a random time per day they would activate, and there would be a 30 minute window of opportunity for other guilds to take the mine, and then sometimes select up to, one out of three resources, to maintain their forts.

But once again, out of legal rights.
Forts? LOL
Old 05-31-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Ive been playing on mischife.

the best pvp server would be random loot like this with a huge EXP bonus and these loot pinata rares with full pvp discord and <one guild> winner winner chicken dinner and then reset.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive been playing on mischife.

the best pvp server would be random loot like this with a huge EXP bonus and these loot pinata rares with full pvp discord and <one guild> winner winner chicken dinner and then reset.
Yeah item loot, +free trade, plus the insane drop rates and random loot with vanilla + bl, zerkees, vahshir, iksar, guktans would be pretty great.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah item loot, +free trade, plus the insane drop rates and random loot with vanilla + bl, zerkees, vahshir, iksar, guktans would be pretty great.
would be fun if it was like last guild/player standing so like that SK that used to kill me on red no matter where I was could just kill everyone by himself.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:41 PM
Banned

After playing ascension wow, a long harsh grind feels so retro. Since they seem to have a hard time grasping what made Rallos great here, the next best bet would be something like ascension. Play it like diablo, lots of loot, fast xp, experience the content and classes. Writing this, i remembered that one of the most populated CoH emulator also uses QoL stuff which made it better. To me, a Rallos server, with custom nodrop sets to offset the blow of item loot would potentially work, but itll never happen here. I dont have much to make me think settling on a server ruleset with no brainstorming about where it will lead, then abandoning the server after launch to whatever happens isnt what is going to happen. Gustoo made some pretty good suggestions, like stopping the levels at intervals of 10s but yea, feedback here is just like pissing in the wind.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
feedback here is just like pissing in the wind.
https://open.spotify.com/track/1jBbb...259d66241a4f58
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Discord mischief halflings vs all server

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Closed Thread