Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 04:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New player here, user and pw says that are wrong

new player here, just followed the quite complicated guide to create account (S?)., created both, confrimed all 5 emails, confirmed apssword. Accordin to this site i am good to go, launh the game, go to user and pw, insert what i put here, "DB ERROR invalid password", and yes i checked it like 20 times by now. any help
Old 01-06-2021, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe try following the extended guide in the wiki?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Getting%20Started

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you might be trying to log into the game with your forum account. Forum accounts and game accounts are not the same

You will need to create a Loginserver (game account) which is managed with your forum account and you can do that here:

https://www.project1999.com/account/?LS
Old 01-07-2021, 04:11 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you might be trying to log into the game with your forum account. Forum accounts and game accounts are not the same

You will need to create a Loginserver (game account) which is managed with your forum account and you can do that here:

https://www.project1999.com/account/?LS
ok thanks. Btw i got the "lite "version, but i see that the menu and interfaces etc are different from the video i see on youtube.,.,like the inventory is missing some "background" texture and looks different in terms of spacing, icons etc. which version should i get to have the one that everybody plays online?
Old 01-07-2021, 04:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks it worked. But i was wondering another thing: i have the lite version, and seems like menu, interfaces etc arr ll missing something, the background, textures etc. On yt many people seems like they are playing with a different graphic..even when creating the characters everything seems different
Old 01-09-2021, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

If you are playing on Green, it has a forced UI. All you can do is change the color of the windows. Right click at the top of a window and select Window > Background > Texture and then again for Window > Background > Tint Color and pick any desirable color

If you are playing on Blue then custom UIs are allowed and theres several different popular ones for p99. This may be what you are seeing in youtube videos
Old 01-09-2021, 05:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are playing on Green, it has a forced UI. All you can do is change the color of the windows. Right click at the top of a window and select Window > Background > Texture and then again for Window > Background > Tint Color and pick any desirable color

If you are playing on Blue then custom UIs are allowed and theres several different popular ones for p99. This may be what you are seeing in youtube videos
I played on blue and red so far. problem is...i cannot find anyone, i choose druid and i started on a place totally alone, i can only kill fishes, anything bigger than that will kill me in one hit. only one dude showed up saying "darn you spawned in the hardest zone ever" (like if it was my choice/fault) and that i had to "find other people and form a group", but the game is barren...

also still don't know how to accept quests after npc talked to me, where to find persons, there is no map etc
Old 01-27-2021, 03:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on blue and red so far. problem is...i cannot find anyone, i choose druid and i started on a place totally alone, i can only kill fishes, anything bigger than that will kill me in one hit. only one dude showed up saying "darn you spawned in the hardest zone ever" (like if it was my choice/fault) and that i had to "find other people and form a group", but the game is barren...

also still don't know how to accept quests after npc talked to me, where to find persons, there is no map etc
If you're completely new to how EQ and p99 works, you should read new player guides on the wiki (wiki.project1999.com) or youtube. As for finding other players, you may want to play on the Green server as that may have more populated newbie areas since it's a newer server.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

i had similar issues and once i finally logged in it said i had a bad spell texture file

spells_us.txt(731221104)
Closed Thread