Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2022, 10:32 AM
Large Rat

Default New player looking for info about leveling

Hello, i recently joined green server to try everquest for the first time. I had played MUDs back in the 90s before graphics were the norm, i actually played on sojourn / toril, which apparently was played by some of the creators of everquest, and is very similar to the design of everquest.

Anyway. I have gotten to level 5 as a halfling druid, as apparently it's a good first character. I'm looking for some suggestions on where to find mobs to fight. I looked at the p99 resource for "per level hunting guide" and most of the level 4-5 mobs are just wandering around the 2nd noobie areas, and almost all guides just say fight everything in the noobie areas. So I've pretty much gotten to level 5 fighting beetles and orc pawns around misty thicket and east commonlands, but now at level 5 those level 2 mobs aren't giving me much xp. I don't have much equipment, white con mobs are very hard for me, should i buy a set of cloth gear or can i wear a heavier option? Should i travel to crushbone (I think that's the name) and try to find a group? I did try to group in East commonlands but the groups at the orc spawns said I wouldnt get xp bc I was too low a level compared to the other members.

Thanks for any input,
Hiddenx, halfling druid