Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Aviak

Default The compass is broke

So if you drop a sword in EQ it always points North. I dropped my sword, it pointed north, and the compass reads south-southwest. I was actually starting to get mad at EQ Atlas but then I came to my senses.

FYI compass sux and I am not attracted to female monkeys.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

What is your sense heading skill?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Banned

the higher your sense heading skill is the more accurate your compass becomes, ultimately becoming 100% accurate at 200 sense heading skill iirc, its been a while.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowaGamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if you drop a sword in EQ it always points North. I dropped my sword, it pointed north, and the compass reads south-southwest. I was actually starting to get mad at EQ Atlas but then I came to my senses.

FYI compass sux and I am not attracted to female monkeys.

I'm guessing your sense heading skill is low to non-existant. On a successful sense heading reading, the compass will correct itself. If your client is bugged like mine, the compass doesn't move around randomly like it should, so it appears to always be giving accurate headings, when in reality, it's wrong because you haven't clicked sense heading lately and gotten a direction.

P.S. wrong forum probably
Old 05-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm guessing your sense heading skill is low to non-existant. On a successful sense heading reading, the compass will correct itself. If your client is bugged like mine, the compass doesn't move around randomly like it should, so it appears to always be giving accurate headings, when in reality, it's wrong because you haven't clicked sense heading lately and gotten a direction.

P.S. wrong forum probably
Yeah i guess mine is bugged. ahh well. i'm not gonna spam click sense heading when i can just carry a rusty sword w/me. thanks

M.Bison did u play Swtor? Gloom Walker?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Banned

Negative, more of a star trek fan.

An alternative to using the rusty sword is binding your sense heading skill to 'A' and 'D'. You will cap your sense heading skill in no time at all. Hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowaGamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah i guess mine is bugged. ahh well. i'm not gonna spam click sense heading when i can just carry a rusty sword w/me. thanks

M.Bison did u play Swtor? Gloom Walker?
Yeah, I'm lazy and carry an extra rusty around too lol. Can always buy a regular compass too, from Oasis gypsies or wherever.

Or put sense heading on the last 4 hotkeys on your bar, then go to keyboard bindings and set asdw (or arrow keys if you move with those) to the hotkeys you just used. That way it every time you push a direction key to move your toon, it sets off sense heading too. Super lazy way to level it up.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An alternative to using the rusty sword is binding your sense heading skill to 'A' and 'D'. You will cap your sense heading skill in no time at all. Hope this helps.
Too slow in my above reply I guess lolo
Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I am not attracted to female monkeys.
Wh...what?
Old 05-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Negative, more of a star trek fan.

Genius. I never even thought of that. gonna use that to max out hide,sneak, and w/e else. thx
Closed Thread