Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 03:20 PM
Aviak

53-56 can be done by kiting faerie dragons in Wakening land if you don't care about Tunare faction. THey are found in caves.

You will absolutely trash the faction, but its far less competition than CS drakes, and they drop armor gems that sell for good cash.

Very easy to kite, and low risk of adds if you path them close to the edge that their cave is found on.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:50 PM
Aviak

Dark elf wiz following Solusek Ro probably isn't liked by Tunare to begin with, unless it isn't damaged yet. I don't foresee any need to enter PoGrowth without a raid force either.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Alternative quadding spots @54+?

I was wondering if there were anymore quadding spots besides the overcamped location:
- Cobalt Scar wyverns/drakes
- Wakening Lands suits of sentient armor

Have people ever had success with Burning Woods? Looking at the wiki for level appropriate monsters with somewhat low and comparable HP. I have found:

Burning Woods
- Sarnak champion
- Sarnak Avenger
- An ember hornet
- A tatterback gorilla
- A moldering gorilla
- A tottering gorillaa
- A forest giant verdant

Anyone know of anything else?
Old 03-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Anywhere besides raptors (mostly green except for Vicious etc) 59-60? Thats not Chardok. -- Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 03-07-2016, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

I've been meaning to try quadding velium hounds in WW. If you're decently geared and non-KoS to CoV it seems like it should be doable. If you try it, please report back. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Otherwise, I've been quadding phase spiders in DN off and on for a while at level 60. It's really risky gathering them up, and a rune of some kind is almost a necessity, but I think it can be done pre-epic and at level 59.

Pro-tips for DN quadding: Make sure to pre-cast TL on yourself (classic be damned) so you can instantly port away if things get out of hand. If you can manage to snare all four at once within a cast or two, you'll be fine. If you get more than two snare resists it might be wise to zone out and start over at full mana to make sure you've got enough mana to finish the job. I've never been resisted using pillar of flame, but the snare seems to resist fairly often.
Last edited by Vallanor; 03-07-2016 at 04:39 PM..
Old 03-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks I'll try it! -- Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 03-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been meaning to try quadding velium hounds in WW. If you're decently geared and non-KoS to CoV it seems like it should be doable. If you try it, please report back. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Otherwise, I've been quadding phase spiders in DN off and on for a while at level 60. It's really risky gathering them up, and a rune of some kind is almost a necessity, but I think it can be done pre-epic and at level 59.

Pro-tips for DN quadding: Make sure to pre-cast TL on yourself (classic be damned) so you can instantly port away if things get out of hand. If you can manage to snare all four at once within a cast or two, you'll be fine. If you get more than two snare resists it might be wise to zone out and start over at full mana to make sure you've got enough mana to finish the job. I've never been resisted using pillar of flame, but the snare seems to resist fairly often.

Decently geared as in best you can buy in EC/non-raid gear? Those things have around ~7,500 hp.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewrush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Decently geared as in best you can buy in EC/non-raid gear? Those things have around ~7,500 hp.
They also run at sow speed, and I've never seen more than one up at a time. The drakes, however, should be great if you don't mind wrecking your cov faction (wyverns will wreck ya though. )

As to bw...yes it can be done, but you'll have to manage navigating your train through lots of roamers, most of the npcs will be greens, and if you're setting up at the giant camp eventually you'll kill off the high level ones so you'll have to kill some greens. If you share the camp with a low 50s player should be good though.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Kobold

BLOODGILLS
Old 03-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They also run at sow speed, and I've never seen more than one up at a time.
Bummer!
Closed Thread