Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 06-30-2023, 04:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, but an untwinked Monk is not going to fare much better against casters when things inevitably go south.

But with Ench/Cleric both pacifying as needed, Mez, Screaming Terror from the Necro, two DAs on the Cleric, Harmshield on the Necro and two pets to help pull... the group really shouldn't have much of an issue pulling most content very safely.
I think 1-50 I would agree but once you hit sebilis etc the monk should be pretty well geared. Necro is gonna take dirt naps left and right once you start doing 50+ content. You are gonna be doing mostly old world stuff to 50 due to low hitpoint mobs. I am not really considering any of these groups having a hard time 1-50, so I think necro would fit better especially in lower guk.
Old 06-30-2023, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

monks sole purpose is to keep mobs coming into the enc / pet. let the pet tank and ch it
Old 06-30-2023, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
monks sole purpose is to keep mobs coming into the enc / pet. let the pet tank and ch it
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think 1-50 I would agree but once you hit sebilis etc the monk should be pretty well geared. Necro is gonna take dirt naps left and right once you start doing 50+ content. You are gonna be doing mostly old world stuff to 50 due to low hitpoint mobs. I am not really considering any of these groups having a hard time 1-50, so I think necro would fit better especially in lower guk.
I mean a Monk is definitely not a bad answer here. I'd probably take the Monk either #2 or #3 (behind SK). You guys are really underestimating Necro pulling, though. They get an absolutely STUPID bag of tricks as far as pulling goes (CoS, snare, fear, 2x DA, undead charm, Mez, pet, FD, self-evac). A well-played Necro is probably the single most powerful pulling class in the game. That being said, most Necros don't push the class that far, and since most pulling isn't that complicated to begin with, a Monk is often preferable with their superior FD.

Necro brings so much valuable utility to a trio, though. Personally, I wouldn't pass that up in favor of more straightforward Monk pulling. But, different strokes.
Old 07-01-2023, 05:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anybody who says something besides Cleric/Ench/Monk or Cleric/Ench/SK is trying to be provocative or is pushing an agenda.

Or they want you to have fun. Have fun instead, its a 24 year old game.
Pretty much tbis.

But I’d give sks the edge because snap aggro. Seen the most low man wipes because the monk couldn’t hold aggro, not because dps or mitigation.
Old 07-01-2023, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

It is not an agenda or provocative to tell people how other classes and trios work in the game lol. Absolute absurdity.
Old 07-02-2023, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

they obvious answer is...enchanter, enchanter, enchanter, and a cleric bot you all share and mage coth bots you make later.

But if u don't want to make bots, as, enchanter, enchanter, enchanter, you will have enough money to buy most anything in the form of gear/services
Old 07-02-2023, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Given how obviously OP Enchanters are, the more thought provoking question at this point is, "What is the best trio that does NOT include an Enchanter?"

DSM will be delighted that a Shaman would undoubtedly be included in this case, but the other two slots seem debatable. I'd probably say Shm/Pal/Nec. That covers a lot of bases.

What else?
Shm/Mag/Clr?
Shm/SK/Rog?
Shm/Mnk/Nec?
Wiz/Wiz/Wiz? (shoutout to Sam DeathWalker of SZ fame)
Old 07-03-2023, 02:34 PM
Orc

I remember on one of images severs we made 3 necros and was able to take down the evil eye at lv 20
Old 07-04-2023, 12:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember on one of images severs we made 3 necros and was able to take down the evil eye at lv 20
In live, 5x lvl 16-20 untwinked necros could take down sand giants.

Also, dont overlook Ranger in the Ench + Cleric trio

Provides way more than an SK or monk imo
More dps than sk
Better outdoor pulling
More safety via Better snare and agro for peeling pets off enchanters, sow
Dont underestimate how much tracking can help you farm gear to use or sell.

doubling up on classes like ench ench cleric or necro necro necro/mage prob more efficient but its better to have alot of stuff in a groups toolkit imo, youll be able to do more different content.

Anyone can level up to 60 in safe zones., were looking self farming dungeon content here. I take a ranger over the monk or sk any day in that trio, it keeps the enchanter and their pet running at peak efficiency, and opens up alot more loot to be found.
Old 07-04-2023, 04:25 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwooky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In live, 5x lvl 16-20 untwinked necros could take down sand giants.

Also, dont overlook Ranger in the Ench + Cleric trio

Provides way more than an SK or monk imo
More dps than sk
Better outdoor pulling
More safety via Better snare and agro for peeling pets off enchanters, sow
Dont underestimate how much tracking can help you farm gear to use or sell.

doubling up on classes like ench ench cleric or necro necro necro/mage prob more efficient but its better to have alot of stuff in a groups toolkit imo, youll be able to do more different content.

Anyone can level up to 60 in safe zones., were looking self farming dungeon content here. I take a ranger over the monk or sk any day in that trio, it keeps the enchanter and their pet running at peak efficiency, and opens up alot more loot to be found.
Makes sense if you are doing all outdoor content. I think in the end you play what is fun but if you want the best, it will vary on where you level, what risks you are willing to take and if you are going for loot vs exp