Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicnubs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, maybe after you've gotten some choices for a site you are considering creating you should start a thread with a poll to see which is the most popular idea?
I would, but here's the thing: even if the entire server voted for a particular site idea, if I start it and lose interest that site will never happen. So I'd rather finish one site, even if only 5 people use it, than start a site I won't finish because it was popular.

But it's a great idea for any devs out there with longer attention spans.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:40 AM
Fire Giant

Hm, the site isn't dead, just some JS is apparently not loading properly or something:

http://ahungry.com/eqauctions-live

Also, I've always had the entire site open source:

https://github.com/ahungry/com.ahungry

Feel free to browse the repos, there is the code for the p99-patcher, which includes a group/server synced map client rendered in browser and centralized data (so you can see where all your friends are):

https://github.com/ahungry?tab=repositories

There is also a standalone C++ map app.

I'll fix the JS error and the Ahungry feed should load as always.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

Hm ok, so on this machine I had noscript blocking some JS - to me, it doesn't seem like there is any problem with Ahungry, so not even sure what this thread is about.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

There is also the very old C and bash based log uploaders (works on Windows, GNU/Linux and OSX) that I posted the source to way back in 2010 (you can find as a github repo in that big list) - very easy to repurpose to send to any amount of endpoints (the parsing finds the most recently updated log file in a directory and essentially tails the file, sending the lines to whatever location).

There is also a Common Lisp based equivalent in the p99-patcher repository, and a C++ equivalent in the p99-mapper repository.

Huge proponent of FOSS here!
Old 03-11-2017, 12:54 AM
Banned

a website that kicks Swish in the ballsack
Old 03-11-2017, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a website that kicks Swish in the ballsack
flustered ^^
Old 03-11-2017, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hm ok, so on this machine I had noscript blocking some JS - to me, it doesn't seem like there is any problem with Ahungry
I read in a different thread about it being gone, except that thread must have been about a different tracker, or it was only down temporarily, or I was otherwise confused and misunderstood (but of course I can't find that thread now ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). I apologize profusely if I inadvertently sent you on a wild goose chase, and for greatly exaggerating rumors of your site's demise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so not even sure what this thread is about.
Me being confused was just what prompted me to start it; the goal of the thread was to solicit ideas for EQ-related sites.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Aviak

Yes, eqhungry works just fine I use it all the time. Have you never got tells from people outside of WC asking to buy your stuff or get a tell like a day later when your not in wc anymore. Thats eqhungry at work. I wouldn't want to duplicate any of that work necessarily unless there was a way to improve it. I might have an idea for integrating with the logger in an app though, might be a cool feature.

And sites cost money to stay up, no one should care if there are ads or not. Personally i've never noticed them.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Need a website up that tracks all NPC vendors.

This site should show exactly all the items that are sitting on said NPC, and be updated by the second.

Also, site should show every vendors items that have been bought and sold over the past month.

This site could help the raid guilds determine what vendors are least used so they can find safe places to vendor their rechargeables.

Make it happen.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need a website up that tracks all NPC vendors.

This site should show exactly all the items that are sitting on said NPC, and be updated by the second.

Also, site should show every vendors items that have been bought and sold over the past month.

This site could help the raid guilds determine what vendors are least used so they can find safe places to vendor their rechargeables.

Make it happen.
This is probably impossible, without breaking ToS of P99. We could have a commonly used cap vendor area.
Closed Thread