Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I'm definitely a GINA stan. Taken to its extreme it can force you to think more creatively, and depending on your RegEx knowledge will let you do some really neat and convenient things. I programmed a set of triggers which display my tracking target and places an arrow on the screen pointing in its direction, for example. And a set of triggers which display a con-color box next to my target window whenever I use my /consider hotkey, which makes it so much easier to tell when something is light blue vs green.

I think the best case you make for GINA is the really arbitrary organization of text channels in the Titanium UI, in which "Other" seems to encompass a ton of completely unrelated categories which you mostly don't want lumped together in one chat window. GINA allows you to more or less design your own ancillary UI and streamline more important information into separate areas of the screen. It lets me know if hide or sneak failed through an audio cue, which has saved me countless times. It lets me know when the mob has been tashed, or slowed, or snared, or rooted, etc. I think you need to be a bit of a code geek to use it to its full capacity, but setting up really simple things like buff timers, or refresh timers, or spawn timers, or various alerts should be easy enough for the average lay user.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:55 PM
Kobold

I agree, pure vanilla immersion is the best. I turn it off when I have an open slot of time, but that is kinda rare. It really helps the casual players participate in the p99 world. I probably would have quit p99 a long time ago if I didn't have a way to progress my toon intermittently, casually, in the little bits of time I can put in. It is a big help.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And a set of triggers which display a con-color box next to my target window whenever I use my /consider hotkey, which makes it so much easier to tell when something is light blue vs green.
That is awesome. Able to share your setup for that? That sounds great.

It is amazing what you can do with Regex. I am just starting to dabble. I was super happy just getting my rogue's backstab to appear on the screen above his head, so I could watch those nice big numbers more easily.

My search text for that is "you backstab (?<mob>.+) for \b([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|[1-9][0-9][0-9])\b" and I display ${1} in an overlay. Just figuring out the number range and applying it was so much fun.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Gina is a game-changer. Simple as that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gina is for bad and/or lazy players that want to forever remain bad and/or lazy. Good players don't use it, nor do they need it. First time I heard a guildie blame their fuck up on Gina, I'd guild remove them for being bad.
It's not lazy knowing, as a cleric for example, the exact second the tanks Defensive Disc is about to fall off. Or as an enchanter I will know the exact second certain buffs are fading on others.. I can even make it scream at me when charm breaks. It'll tell me if my rogues evade was a failure or a success without me having to read chat spam every few seconds. It'll tell me when Dragon Roar is going to go off by the dragon by the precise second via a 36 second countdown timer triggered from the previous AOE. It'll tell me via audio when I have received a tell. I can even make Gina read Cleric CH rotations to keep me aware on long raids. Those are just some examples. It has personally made me a much better player.

I personally believe Gina gives the player a significant advantage, despite it only reading chat logs, it does more than that: It displays timers on your screen that the average player would be unaware of. I can even time Divine Aura as a cleric to be invulnerable to the next Dragon Roar since I know the exact second it's going to go off. These are just some examples of how it helps you raid better. Is it needed? No, I've played without it. but has it saved my life or others' lives dozens of times? Without a doubt in my mind it has. So feel free to prove, given just those examples, how it is for the lazy...lol.
Last edited by Daloon; 11-11-2017 at 08:05 PM..
Old 11-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can even make it scream at me when charm breaks.
This a great example of how it is for lazy gaming. I also have an audio trigger for charm breaks on my Enchanter. You know how Enchanter's that don't use GINA know when charm breaks? They don't look away from the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'll tell me if my rogues evade was a failure or a success without me having to read chat spam every few seconds.
Yeah not lazy at all to have a program read for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akg49 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My search text for that is "you backstab (?<mob>.+) for \b([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|[1-9][0-9][0-9])\b" and I display ${1} in an overlay. Just figuring out the number range and applying it was so much fun.
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you can accomplish the same thing with "You backstab {S1} for {N}."

then putting {N} in the display text box would show how much you BS'd for in an overlay.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akg49 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And a set of triggers which display a con-color box next to my target window whenever I use my /consider hotkey, which makes it so much easier to tell when something is light blue vs green.
That is awesome. Able to share your setup for that? That sounds great.
I made a thread in Tech Discussion detailing how to set it up sometime last year, but it didn't account for the different /con messages you get at different level ranges. So I need to make a new post to include those, but if you want to set it up for level 49-60 characters only, here's that post: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=251623

And here's an updated link for the Con Colors GINA package: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9o58e0lnc...olors.gtp?dl=0

Quote:
Maybe I'm overlooking something, but wouldn't you be able to simplify this with GINA's built-in tokens? For example, search text: "You backstab {S} for {N} points of damage." Display text: "{N}"
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-11-2017 at 08:53 PM..
Old 11-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you can accomplish the same thing with "You backstab {S1} for {N}."

then putting {N} in the display text box would show how much you BS'd for in an overlay.
Beat me to it.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Kobold

I actually have a custom one that displays a range that is like max BS to a couple hundred below my current max backstab. I'm mostly just interested in big hits, but I put the full range of 1-1000 in that just because. You can use the custom ranges for all kinds of things though.
Last edited by Akg49; 11-11-2017 at 09:49 PM..
Old 11-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I actually have a custom one that displays a range that is like max BS to a couple hundred below my current max backstab. I'm mostly just interested in big hits, but I put the full range of 1-1000 in that just because. You can use the custom ranges for all kinds of things though.
You can do this with {N} too.

If you only wanted to display backstabs higher than say 300 it would be "You backstab {S} for {N=>300} points of damage."

Future reference and for anyone else here's a link to GINA shortcuts.

In my experience you can do 95% of things with just those listed tags, outside of the type of things like Paul is doing which is obviously a lot less simple.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my experience you can do 95% of things with just those listed tags, outside of the type of things like Paul is doing which is obviously a lot less simple.
To the contrary, almost everything I've done in GINA is more less just simple string/integer matching using {S} and {N}, with the more complicated stuff utilizing GINA's UI controls in fairly unorthodox ways. The most complicated trigger I've configured is for receiving tells - I'm absolutely awful at noticing new tells so this was extremely helpful in conjunction with a simple audio alert. The RegEx code ensures the alert is only triggered when receiving a tell from a player, so it ignores tells from vendors unless the vendor doesn't have a surname:

Search text: ^(?<char>\w+)((?<!\s).)*tells you, '

Display text: new tell from ${char}, etc.
Closed Thread