Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 12:43 AM
Banned

all the good shit is an exploit.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

It's very simple.

#1 Using a instant click effect after casting a spell refreshes the global cooldown for the other 7 spell gems if the spell you casted was not cast from the first spell gem.

#2 Using a clickable effect after casting a spell refreshes the global cooldown for all 8 spell gems if the spell was cast from the first spell gem.

#3 Using an instant click effect also always refreshes the recast cooldown on the first spell gem. The recast delay must be met by the time the spellcast finishes for it to fire.

Rule #3 is useful for druids, who have many buff and port spells with a cast time longer than their recast delay. I have not been able to find many useful applications of this rule for clerics or necromancers.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

You can always just use your highest canni in slot 1, click your clicky after it casts, wait like 2/3 second and cast again.

Biggest issue I found here is if you try to do it too quickly, you don't meet the recast delay of it so you just wasted 1/2 second plus cast time, plus time it takes you to realize that you now can cast the next one instantly(because by now recast delay is more than gone), and get back on to cycling slot 1.

Personally though I always prefer to have Canni 2 and Canni 3 on my bar, and a macro that is /cast 5 /cast 6 bound to my 5 key. I just hit earring after that so I'm only hitting 2 keys and don't have to watch/time recast delay on slot 1...

Which leaves slot 1 open for root because fuck there's been a lot of times that shit has saved my ass being able to spam root with no delay.

Now that I think about it though, I wonder if slow could go in slot 1 because the recast after a resist is like stupidly longer than I personally feel it should be.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Banned

While we're on this subject. Is it possible to top slot Canni 3 and fire off 2 of them between a single med tick? Also should you be starting your first canni after the +20 mana tick or the -1 mana tick? I've never been clear on that. I was told the -1 mana tick is the tick that syncs with the server and you should canni after that one. But I've always done it after the ~20 mana uptick and it seems to work fine /confused
Old 10-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sounds like an exploit
Sounds like all the spell slots need to work like this sir

Shit be classic
Old 10-15-2014, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like all the spell slots need to work like this sir

Shit be classic
I think the verdict is still out on this.

Did Insta Clicky recharge remove the global recharge (2s) and leave the base spell recast?
Did it remove both?

I'd tend to say it should leave the base recast. If it were removing both wouldn't a wiz be able to chain harvest for example? I doubt it would remove the recast on normal spells but leave long durations in effected. And if it were insta Recharging DA or Harvest it would've been fixed sooner I think.

So yea, slot 1 removing base recast is an exploit I'm guessing.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Banned

I could recast any of my spells aside from things like harvest or ice spear of solist by jboot/tempflux refreshing on live. This I am sure of.

One thing I'm hazy on is if the item actually had to process its ability to grant the recast. I seem to remember that jboots indoors, for example, would refresh my spell gems. I'm not sure on that part.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

I would be highly skeptical that harvest was instant recharged with this... that seems way OP. That would render Manna Robe / Epic irrelevant.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Large Bat

I experimented with it for a few min.

1) Gem slot 1 is important for spamming abilities. It wont refresh that Skill itself if its not in slot 1
2) Cast time must be greater than GCD
3) Cast time must be greater than Cooldown to work instantly. OR you must wait and time it so you finish the cast after the cooldown would expire (Example. Druid AoE 4.5s cast 6s CD. I have to wait 1.5s after i refresh the gem to begin casting the nuke so it goes off after its cooldown)

It probably works on any skill, but at best it can remove its cast time from the cooldown (So Harvest would become a 9:50s Cd if you hit it exactly at that time)
Old 10-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Harvest would become a 9:50s Cd if you hit it exactly at that time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that seems way OP
Closed Thread