Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 06:50 PM
Aviak

Default Shaman Utility Items

I've managed to scrounge up some extra plat and was looking for some ideas on some necessary utility items that Shamans especially may find useful. Goblin Skull Earring is one that comes to mind. Any items that you guys come across that you wouldn't part with for those times when you really need it? My shaman is level 42 if that helps.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer

Also, your epic.

Both of those make a HUGE difference, so much so that spending your money on anything else is really a bad idea.

But, that being said, it never hurts to carry around a 10 dose shrink potion (if only to get in to The Hole) and a 10 dose invis vs. undead potion. Also if you don't want to carry around bat wings and fish scales you can always pick up a Pegasus Cloak and a Fish Bone Earring. Also most of the other Jaundiced Bone items have clickies that are convenient when you're low on mana and have a raid full of people to buff.

Also every Shaman should have a Shovel of Ponz (or one of the related items). It lets you unsummon your pet but get your mana back. Not only is this convenient when you're done hunting and want to pack up and zone, but when you first start out somewhere you can use it to make sure you have a "light blue" pet instead of a green one. That makes a big difference.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:17 PM
Aviak

How easy is the shovel quest? Would I be able to do it as a troll shaman? Really have no idea what it's about, but that sounds really handy to have.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Not hard at all: http://wiki.project1999.com/Shovel_Of_Ponz_Quest. You can definitely do it at your level, and as a troll (it's a Soulsek Ro quest so all races are welcome).

There's also a similar item that's a broom (http://wiki.project1999.com/Broom_Of_Trilon_Quest), and I think there's a couple others too (Torch of Alna and Stein of Ulissa).

One of them (I think maybe the broom) is supposed to be the best, and the shovel is supposed to be second best, but personally I'm still using my shovel at 57. It gives back at least 95%, if not 100%, of the pet's mana cost, so I've never seen any reason to switch from it.

P.S. Oh and I should have mentioned, the Shovel is a mage-specific item, but Shaman can right-click it from their inventory (the same way we can use our SoW boots from inventory).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-24-2015 at 07:37 PM..
Old 02-25-2015, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's also a similar item that's a broom (http://wiki.project1999.com/Broom_Of_Trilon_Quest), and I think there's a couple others too (Torch of Alna and Stein of Ulissa).

One of them (I think maybe the broom) is supposed to be the best, and the shovel is supposed to be second best, but personally I'm still using my shovel at 57. It gives back at least 95%, if not 100%, of the pet's mana cost, so I've never seen any reason to switch from it.
Do you have any documentation to back it up? It's the first time I hear it and I'd love to include that info on the wiki if we are sure it's correct.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:23 AM
Kobold

For a shaman, all of the mage focus items are equally useful. The Reclaim Energy effect can be clicked from inventory, as loramin said, and the mana return is based solely upon the pet's health when cast. 100% health = 100% mana returned, 50% health = 50% mana, etc.

None of the items is any better than another, though some are easier to get. The Hill Giant Toes for the shovel quest are going to be much easier to come by than the Fire Giant Toes for the torch, for instance.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Goblin Skull Earring - Global Cooldown Removal
Bracer of the Hidden - Junk Buff See Invis
Mage Focus Item (any of 4) - Reclaim Energy for pet, many uses
Wooly Spider Silk Nets (I suggest getting 3-4) - Instant cast root. 3 charges. 21 plat buyback. This facilitates more easily breaking rooms by being able to instantly root CC until you can safely slow/malo/longer duration root
Journeyman's Walking Stick - Proc Tash. Stacking with Malo the extra MR can expediate the landing of a slow or extend root durations. Useful to slow yourself and DEX yourself so your proc rate increases.
Overthere Hammer - Proc to get out of an annoying location. See above about proc rate.
Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap (WC Cap) - Instant WC port - 91 plat buyback. AKA get out of jail free card
Vermillion Sky Ring - PoSky ring with 2 charges of Feign Death. Having FD on a shaman is extremely OP. It allows you to get out of jail free without having to zone and leave your camp. Also it allows you to get out of a wipe at a raid. Or you can use it to run through a zone to get to a camp without clearing. The downside is it is 2 charges and to recharge you have to go to PoSky... You *can* buy a box of void and extra mana battery to have with you when you leave sky such that you have 4 charges but you would need to devote a bag slot to that.
Puppet Strings - Instant cast charmed pet. Very expensive. High end only.
Epic - Mana free DoT
JBB - Mana free nuke
Jaundiced Bone BP - Self DS/AC buff. Little extra survivability and DPS when tanking mobs. One of the final items you should consider purchasing... Quite marginal but it's something you can't get elsewhere.

Other than the Jaundiced and Puppet Strings, I'd say many shamans have everything on this list.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Journeyman's Walking Stick - Proc Tash. Stacking with Malo the extra MR can expediate the landing of a slow or extend root durations. Useful to slow yourself and DEX yourself so your proc rate increases.
should be stated very carefully, doesnt improve your proc/min, but does increase proc/swing, which is still useful, just different in application

other than that a pretty good list, if adding junk buff items you could probably throw telescope in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of them (I think maybe the broom) is supposed to be the best, and the shovel is supposed to be second best.
lmao, loramin strikes again
Old 02-25-2015, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmao, loramin strikes again
Huh? I was just repeating what someone said in response when I mentioned the shovel being awesome in a different thread: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=13 ... although like I said the Shovel has always seemed fine to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have any documentation to back it up? It's the first time I hear it and I'd love to include that info on the wiki if we are sure it's correct.
Not sure what you want documentation on. The thing about one being better than the other comes from the thread I just linked (although based on others comments it seems maybe all four are equal). As for the Shovel returning mana, that's just how Reclaim Energy works.

Last edited by loramin; 02-25-2015 at 02:04 PM..
Old 02-25-2015, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Oh yea!

SoW Boots from Black Dire! Forgot about those. Instant self sow works to remove GCD in outdoor zones, functions as a junk buff, works to SoW you mana free/never loading the spell.

And correct. DEX buff increases your proc rate. I think it's something like 2 Procs per minutes with swings from mainhand at 255 DEX.

So this means if you swing 10 times a minute you will proc roughly every fifth swing or 20% of your swings. However if you slow yourself so that you are only swinging 6 times a minute... You are still going to be procing 2 times per minute that doesn't change. It just increases the likelihood each swing will proc because there are less swings. To the tune of every third swing procs or 33% of swings.
Last edited by Daldaen; 02-25-2015 at 01:59 PM..
Closed Thread