Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Default Canni and mental health

Shaman question:

On a scale of 1 to "Carpal Tunnel", how annoying is canni?

My shaman just hit 24 and I guess it didn't sink in that cannis active mana regen - I'm so used to passive (C2/Lich).

Does it get better as you get higher level? Worse?

It seems like I now have 2 options: cast canni or cast another spell - no downtime.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:38 PM
Kobold

wait till you get up to the next couple levels of canni.. by the time you hit canni4 you will hate yourself... AND THEN once you get 60 and have torpor all you do will be canni+ torpor + canni canni canni canni... youll never get away from it, but you'll have huge finger muscles if your into that kinda stuff. <_<
Old 11-16-2016, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Could probably make a macro to cast it a couple times in a row.

/cast #
/pause (till gems would ungrey)
/cast #
and so forth
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-16-2016, 05:30 PM
Kobold

Efficiently canni-ing between med ticks is genuinely soul destroying at times. It does have a pretty negative impact on enjoying the game making it a lot harder to join in casual conversation etc. As a mechanic, it really is a pain. But the upside is still pretty damn good.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcwrestling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could probably make a macro to cast it a couple times in a row.

/cast #
/pause (till gems would ungrey)
/cast #
and so forth
This....would be the worst option a shaman could take, the delay until the gem ungrey's is way too long to be standing, you might get one canni off a tick and nearly be better served just medding.

I've read some people throwing together a macro that Canni dances for you, putting in sits/pauses/stands, but this relies on properly knowing the correct server tick and unsure if fizzles disrupts the macro, haven't tried it myself.

Light at the end of the tunnel though is if you get one of those clickies and dont mind being 'inefficient', you can canni spam in one go, get your health down to 50-60 pct, then just sit and regen/med like any regular ole mana user. Which is what I normally do to keep sane, i'll usually only proper canni dance in a fast paced full sized group when I need every bit of efficiency I can get.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

I just have my hotkeys set up in a way that is easy on the fingers...so it's fine for me. I hit those buttons when I'm not playing my shaman, or when I'm on my shaman and don't need mana....just from habit/muscle memory.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

Look at it this way, at least you aren't playing bard.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

I don't use macros for anything that might need to be changed on the fly. Cannibalize, Feign Death/Sneak, whatever. I much prefer to complete these actions manually. There are many different circumstances that would render such a macro a nuisance.

In the case of Cannibalize, I have it set to 3 and my instant clicky is 4 so using two fingers to just 343434343434 isn't too bad on the fingers in my opinion.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

At least canni iv has a longer cast time so it saves your wrist a bit when you upgrade from canni iii...probably why it's the only velious spell still worth a lot. Def worth the hassle getting 100mana/ tick on average.

Problem with macros for canni are lag and also fizzles are annoying.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Kobold

A basic stand canni sit macro does make things a little easier if your doing proper canni-dancing rather than canni-spamming.

/stand
/pause 14, /cast 1
/sit
Closed Thread