Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

Default Paineel

So, I decided to make a new character and give him a budget twink job. So far so good, I am an 18 ranger, and I know they are not the best solo, but it is a fun class. I am trying to approach leveling by doing content I have not done before. Someone suggested Paineel guards and I am really excited to try them - However I can't get into Paineel without the key and I need to get my faction up to Amiable to be able to get said key. The question I have for you all is - is it worth the slow XP and long grind in the warrens to get the faction to get the key to kill the guards? Is the XP from the guards good? Do the guards drop decent coin beyond bronze weapons? Is there any reason beyond killing these guards that I may want to be in Paineel, even later in life? And lastly, how long are the guards sustainable as XP?
Old 03-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

You will not need to be in paineel for anything later in life.
(I hear that) the faction grind in warrens is LONG...as in thousands of kobolds.
I read that they drop around 11pp in weapons and change, I assume that's mainly for the weaps and shields.
I don't know the xp but its probably normal, neither bad nor good.
To get in without faction, all you need is a buddy who is willing operate the elevator for you.
Now I am out of info, but I would say that I would be leery of going in there solo as a 18 ranger with no key of your own. You have no CC yet besides root...you get harmony at 22, which would make it a lot safer, except it's probably inside so you can't use.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Unless you have motivations beyond simply leveling up and seeing paineel, you will spend a huge amount of time grinding faction to buy a paineel key just so you can ruin that faction again in 5 minutes.

A better plan would be go into warrens and enjoy yourself, when you level out go to stonebrunt, kerra, or anywhere in the rest of the world and level, and when you're ready to kill guards in paineel just ask someone to open the door for you.

So many good places to explore level 18-25 that dont require faction grinding and keys.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless you have motivations beyond simply leveling up and seeing paineel, you will spend a huge amount of time grinding faction to buy a paineel key just so you can ruin that faction again in 5 minutes.

A better plan would be go into warrens and enjoy yourself, when you level out go to stonebrunt, kerra, or anywhere in the rest of the world and level, and when you're ready to kill guards in paineel just ask someone to open the door for you.

So many good places to explore level 18-25 that dont require faction grinding and keys.
Not sure what you mean by ruin that faction in 5 minutes. Paineel guards do not decrease your faction so you can vendor weapons there all day.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you mean by ruin that faction in 5 minutes. Paineel guards do not decrease your faction so you can vendor weapons there all day.
News to me, I rarely kill guards. I stick with my assessment that this is a waste of time even if he keeps the faction he's earned. Its going to take a level 18 ranger forever to kill enough kobolds to buy that key.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
News to me, I rarely kill guards. I stick with my assessment that this is a waste of time even if he keeps the faction he's earned. Its going to take a level 18 ranger forever to kill enough kobolds to buy that key.
Sounds like you're part of the Paineel guard farming cartel, trying to keep new people away from your gravy train!
Old 03-28-2017, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you're part of the Paineel guard farming cartel, trying to keep new people away from your gravy train!
Ive not farmed guards but I am guilty of trying to steer him to other locations on odus. That whole continent is way underrrated and has some of the best zones nobody ever uses. Also every zone is 5 min or less from the the druid rings.
Last edited by Expediency; 03-28-2017 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: .
Old 03-28-2017, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely not worth getting your faction to amiable just for that - don't know the exact number required but my wiz has ae'd about 400 kobolds so far and is still threatening - would take a level 18 a looooooong time to to get there. I would recommend instead getting a bind at warrens ZL then going to stonebrunt for something new - excellent outdoor zone with lots of quests to do and the loot from kobolds is decent for the level. Tracking is also a big plus in that zone.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 03-28-2017, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

There are no faction hits for killing the guards in Paineel.
On average, they are worth 9-10pp each.
Some are 6 minute respawns, others 8, others 27....
It's outdoors, so you can harmony and sow.
Guards start at level 14 and top out at 40.
People exp here, but nobody goes there *for* exp. Exp there is about as bad as it gets.

Reasons to do this include but aren't limited to: money (primarily), access to a Hole key and a place to buy/sell while there (not worth it imo), and normal/bad exp in a place most people hate (and you'll hate yourself after a few levels, it's like punching in to work)....
Old 03-28-2017, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Ive not farmed guards but I am guilty of trying to steer him to other locations on odus. That whole continent is way underrrated and has some of the best zones nobody ever uses. Also every zone is 5 min or less from the the druid rings.
Yea - Odus is an area I just have never used beyond going to Erudin for the occasional spell purchase or port to tox and boat to qeynos.

I am leveling in the warrens and the xp is decent. So I figure if I get the faction I need before I out level /get sick of the warrens Ill get the key. It is news to me that the faction does not take a hit, so that is a huge Plus. Is all of Paineel the same faction (heretic) or are their other factions (IE qeynos guards and qeynos merchants).

Hypothetically, could someone hunt here from 20-40? despite how much they grow to hate themselves?
Closed Thread