Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

yea man i miss the good ol days of sirken coming back in ooc after 2 years of being mia and proclaiming "the wild west is over, im going to be more active and make red great again!" then seeing people getting chain suspended for LNS violations of killing geared people, and people getting mass suspended for training when the evidence presented was 2 screenshots...then sirken disapearing for another 2 years
know so many people who quit because of the retarded suspending and banning here
thats not even accounting for the holocaust and nihilum bans that thinned the server
Old 11-25-2017, 10:46 AM
Fire Giant

I still have fond memory of finding a gnome mage afk at his bind close to unrest and repeatedly killing him over and over for several hours, taking him from mid 20s to low teens in level
Old 11-25-2017, 05:58 PM
Banned

i have fond memories of having just one dad

all in the past now
Old 11-25-2017, 06:02 PM
Banned

Server is like 40-60pop then spikes to 80-100 on raid times.

Basically game is a 40-60pop game if you dont just login to raid.

About 40 people login to only to raid and contribute nothing to the community outside of running from KD to ToV (so basically their toons never leave like 4 zones)
Old 11-25-2017, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea man i miss the good ol days of sirken coming back in ooc after 2 years of being mia and proclaiming "the wild west is over, im going to be more active and make red great again!" then seeing people getting chain suspended for LNS violations of killing geared people, and people getting mass suspended for training when the evidence presented was 2 screenshots...then sirken disapearing for another 2 years
know so many people who quit because of the retarded suspending and banning here
thats not even accounting for the holocaust and nihilum bans that thinned the server
lol funny thing about this is that many of these were perma bans, because the people didn't care enough to go to the petition forum and beg for a reply on what exactly they are banned for.

getting banned while offline without any info and needing to go to a petition forum awkwardly and type out a paragraph asking a question is pretty creepy activity and surprise most ppl won't participate.

i lost a lot of friends during the wild west ban wave and im not sure the server gained anything? aside from us sideliners laughing maniacally at the OOC "wild west" and then watching people get banned for questioning bans in OOC. was legit hilarious to see 3-4 people drop in a row.

one train ban, then 3 more bans for saying "what the fuck?" and again, the necessity to create a petition on the petition forum over typing "why is he banned?" in OOC is pretty silly....

add to that the fact the derubael bans were told they weren't getting their stuff back and restores weren't possible and the complete denial over the fact their gear got jacked until finally they couldn't deny it anymore, but still said they aren't getting any stuff back. Dumb.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 11-25-2017 at 07:14 PM..
Old 11-25-2017, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Cuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
enforcement of pnp is non existant who you kidding

if anything quit because most of the players on the server are ultra weak and bad and tend to move into zerg guilds due to being afraid of competition for mobs instead of having fights for them

see nihilum, empire, apex etc
There aren't enough players to sustain two guilds on this server competing form mobs. In addition, even if there were to be, it is far too easy to cockblock the other guild from killing anything if you have enough people with no life willing to sit at zone lines plugged for hours at a time. If they ever wipe or make a new PvP server, they should enforce a rule that you need to fight for the mob and then peace out. Only the sickest people enjoy staring at a login screen playing a game of cat and mouse for 10 hours to kill a dragon.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason pops have come down is rooted in two or more reasons. First, Velious released a year or two ago. I think that influenced the pop. Players rushed to try out the new content in a way only p1999 offers. Pops on blue were as high as 1600. This lingered for some months before settling down to ~1000 pops on blue. Another factor is time. More time means more twinks and raid players. The longtime players are going to rule the roost and make it tough for new players to level up and participate. Open world PvP in MMORPGs always suffers the most with time as result of the top heavy nature of progression MMORPGs. As example, I played mostly on Sullon Zek, and its pops fell dramatically over time to a trickle. This is true too for PvE servers, but not as severely, and for different reasons.

If It were me here's what I'd do:
1) Wipe (this is probably the single biggest beneficial move)
2) Add teams, like Vallon/Tallon or Sullon Zek (this eases the PvP strain; increases RP I think too)
3) Reduce Play Nice rules, but increase attention to hacking or boxers
4) Increase support for any kind of leaderboard or PvP point system (no in-game benefit)

I think this server is trying to avoid a wipe and increase Play Nice rules, but I don't think it's as effective. Why? Because this is Everquest. It's open world PvP. Too many rules are incompatible. What's it going to do, start forbidding winks from attacking levelers? Raiders prevented from attacking non-raiders? When will it stop?

It'd be interesting to hold a poll for all players currently playing actively on red and ask whether they think a wipe is appropriate. But how to ensure it's red players who're voting? And what about all the players not present to vote? It's always a tough choice to do a wipe, no matter what. Espeically with MMORPGs, PvP or not, progression is so important to many players. Everquest is a special case, due to its longterm progression nature.

If nothing is done I'm ok with that. We all have to realize Everquest is almost 20 years old. Even if Red deteriorates slowly to nothing, what's that but the ultimate fate of all old games?
97% of current players and former players including shitcans like me would love a wipe. I actually want to experience a classic non geared pvp server where root still counts coz everyone has 45mr.

The 3% that dont want a wipe have sexuality issues and like wood elf female druids for reasons only they know.

You cant salvage red99 anymore and at best if you did everything humanly possible to up the pop I doubt it will ever go higher than 120. So why waste all that effort for an additional 10-20players when you cohld easily have a 300-500pop server again in a weeks notice.

All the ideas floating around to salvage this server are remedies. Agnars dropped this server a bit since velious dropped on that server and luclin will drop it again because thats content people havent experienced yet. Agnarr has quite alot of red99 players on it coz they accidently reveal thrmselves by saying pras in groups or in the global channels. Have a chat to em and they all say the same thing..."wipe this shit server and I will be back in an instant".
Old 11-26-2017, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Cuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No wipes ever

sorry you lost
Sorry you were banned for RMT
Old 11-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I currently have no banned accounts and have never attempted to RMT on project1999 server
So that’s why you sold your monk and wizard to Vapo which got subsequently ban hammered, then begged Gongshow for an invite, got it. (Poor and sad)
Old 11-27-2017, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Yikes

Stern cringe if true