Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard
Make rain spells work properly.
This was my first thought. I feel the druation stuns should last longer too.

Related to stuns, apparently bash/slam (melee stuns) were meant to generate similar aggro to their spell counterparts, but the coding was broke and the devs didnt realise until circa Dragons of Norrath (so it never got fixed).

If melee stun worked as intended warriors/sk/paladin could sword and board much more convincingly as they'd have both a 'take aggro' (taunt) button and a 'boost aggro' (bash) button that didn't rely on spell effect aggro. Having the tanks be so much more effective aggro makers would open up the game more for classes with very frontloaded aggro, like wizards (and those poor, downtrodden shamans/encs :P).
Old 11-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Wizard
This class has strayed too far away from its roots, lore wise. It would be more spectacular to remove the piddly machine gun nukes, and give them one big nuke. Once per hour they can cast Sun Comet, which lands for say, 10,000 damage.

Hybrids, Ranger, Paladin, Shadow Knight

These hybrids are tainted by being half warrior, another very unpopular class. They should all have their Armor Class reduced by 50% to be less associated with Warriors. Rangers can be given Illusion: Tree, to delight the crowd and get more group invites. Paladin Spells should work only during the day, and Shadow Knight Spells should work only at night. More people would be drawn to these classes for the roleplaying opportunities.

Rogue

This class is too tedious to play, sometimes having to press Backstab AND evade in a single fight. To alleviate this , Rogues should be given Autobackstab and Autoevade.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been to Burning Wood recently? Or DL? Or how about Chardok and Skyfire? These are the zones that we're primarily used by bards and AE groups, and 99% of the time they're ghost towns these days. Pretty much the only zone where bards and other classes clashed was OT, and OT is a garbage zone for leveling anyway.

The reason we have these nerfs isn't because of zone disruption, it's because a bunch of whiny assholes spend entirely too much time concerned with how others play the game. Its the same reason we have draconian raid rules.
Oh, for sure, I like playing a monk and pull. So I pull a lot of mobs to group and FD. To save time I prefer to bring at least 20 mobs at a time. I have no idea why everyone get upset! This is just how I like to play my monk. I even pull to groups who I'm not grouped with to help them save time!

For some reason they seem to gate out and leave a corpse behind. I don't see why the zones I play in turns into ghost towns. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-

On that note, add melody, spell crits for wiz, endless quiver to rangers(least see *some* use for kewl fletching). That's it.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do the statistics include the hordes of level 5 bard bank alts?
It must. There is no way in hell there are more Bard's actively playing at any given time than Monks on this server.

For example, right now /w all count bard 20 60 shows 26 players, /w all monk count 20 60 shows 52 players so there's double the amount of monks vs. bards levels 20 - 60. There's 17 bards on at the moment that are below level 20.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger

Included as a plate-wearing class but, once equipped, plate armor would disallow the ability to duel wield. With defense skills equal to SK/Pal, Rangers would be ideal group tanks in outdoor zones and have even more survivability when pulling.

Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by port9001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make Paladins the truly sword and board defensive class.
Agreed. As an alternative to the epic quest, give paladins an epic 1hs and shield that, only when wielded together, give a passive effect or duel proc effects that are complimentary such as decrease fire resist and a fire-based dd.

After level 50, give equipped shields a chance to decrease or deflect double attack / mobs that quad, making them better ramp tanks.

Discipline "Self Sacrifice"
Upon death, Paladin gives off an AoE rune to nearby group members.

Shadow Knight

A spell that allows them to steal mana over time and have it transfer to whoever has the least amount of mana in group or distribute it evenly to all other members of the group.

Discipline "Miserable Companion"
When SK dies, a window will pop up in a random group member's screen granting them a chance to feign death but only in the vicinity of the SK's corpse. The farther the group member is from the SK's corpse, the greater chance FD will fail because misery loves company.

Discipline "Last Laugh"
Upon death, SK gives off an AoE debuff to nearby mobs. Similar to those gd sailfish in Kedge but not resistible or a dd.
Last edited by Ennewi; 11-21-2017 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: elucidation
Old 11-21-2017, 04:25 PM
Aviak

Is SK unpopular ? I love my SK I wouldnt play any other class. The HP is the only downside

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Old 11-21-2017, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I, too, love /who all count and population statistics, however a "less popular" class does not necessarily mean it is less strong. Exemple of this is warrior/rogues, which are two very strong classes, but with a very specific role that does not catter to everyone. On the other hand, Necros and Druids are very popular because they're very independent classes able to solo/duo easily, but they aren't exactly overpowered.
Obvious member of <Kittens Who Say Meow>...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ranger: either rework archery to be a legit way to do sustained DPS, or make Harmony useable indoor... or give them the Ring series of druid teleports (aka the self-only ones), which wouldn't make them better per se, but more fun. The class is fine really.
Self-only would be cool, cutting down on time spent during corpse runs. Maybe self-only ports to the unused Druid ruins like the ones in Gfay and Nektulos.

Quote:
Shadow Knight: it is a very strong and fun class as it is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i think the obvious upgrade would be on Harm Touch, making it much harder to resist, and/or on smaller timer (that would be known if possible hehe)
Or incorporate a discipline that causes HT to act as a lifetap as well.

Quote:

Warrior: ...A race-based questline that gives to each and every race of warriors a clickable necklace or other items that gate them back to their starting city? Some kind of Call for Help! from their original guildmaster...
Or guild questlines for nodrop clickies with twice as many charges that are rechargeable with the use of mana batteries, saving them bagspace that most other 5-10 charge clickies take up.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

lol sorry English is my third language [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] isn't that something we can say "doesn't catter to <someone>" !? (I'm not in Kittens hehe)

Ranger specific self-TP to abandoned druid rings would be neat indeed! I also like the lifetap Harm Touch, wouldn't make it that much better but that would definitely give it a little more punch.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:18 PM
Banned

I want a version of a ranger, that is more like a bard and designed around doing single target DPS "songs" that are them actually using a bow and arrow instead of a guitar.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think charming would be much better if...

Druid = Animals

Necro = Undead

Enchanter = humanoids

Bards = can charm anything but short duration

Goes with the flavor of jack of all trades, master of none
I totally hate your changes, but agree they would be more balanced and make a huge amount of sense.
Closed Thread