Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2014, 03:38 AM
Fire Giant

Default New p99 patcher + utility bundle (testers and feedback needed)

Hello all,

I have a new patcher + utility bundle that I am working on (created exclusively for p99) that currently does the following:
  1. Auto-detects your EQ install directory
  2. Checks if any files need to be deleted for p99 to work (the nektulos/arena ones etc)
  3. Checks if any files in the latest patch bundle (v30) on your EQ install do not match the p99 zip bundle files
  4. If a file deletion or download+install needs to happen, does it automatically (including opening of the zip file etc)
  5. Automatically backs up any changed files prior to changing them
  6. Shows realtime progress of file scan and download time remaining
  7. Can launch EverQuest with a Play button click

The things I plan to add that are not there yet:
  1. Support for third party add-on installations (spell graphic packs, high res textures etc.)
  2. Integrated modules built in that work on the log file (starting with the auction tracker log uploader)

Some other ideas I have for realtime log parsing functionality (all will require you turn /log on) will include the ability to type something such as:

Code:
/me [ahu] pc fbss
Which the software will read in your log file as it comes in, and respond by querying the auction tracker/wiki pages for a proper price check on the item, and ultimately display a Windows/Linux/Mac pop up (gtk) box showing the price on the item.

Or another one:

Code:
/me [ahu] dps self
Which may open up a pop up box showing your current dps as parsed out in real time.

At this point, I'd appreciate some feedback/testers for what I have so far (which is just the working patcher, none of the other stuff yet).

Before testing, please back up your EQ directory just in case (although in my tests I haven't had anything bad happen).

You can download the software at:

http://ahungry.com/p99-patcher-min.7z

And run it by extracting via 7zip and double clicking the batch (.bat) file.

You can view all the source code at:

https://github.com/ahungry/p99-patcher/

At this point I have tested it under Arch Linux, Windows XP and Windows 7.

As the software runs on port 4444, you may receive a prompt from your Windows firewall/antivirus alerting you of this (and requiring an OK or Yes click).

If you do find an issue, please email me at m@ahungry.com.

Thanks!