Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 07:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i absolutely agree with this

i can craft you and dye you a set of green fine plate OP

it will be so god damn good
Old 02-20-2018, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this thread was an absolute waste of time.
As compared to your serious no-nonsense EQ business?
Old 02-22-2018, 01:02 PM
Kobold

I liked this thread and I especially enjoyed Ivory's enthusiasm. He made some bold statements, but I am betting the people who doubt him haven't actually tried what he has done.
I like when people challenge themselves in this game and try new things. Making a point to visit zones they've never been to, do quests they've never done, play a class they've never played, and even some more creative and challenging scenarios.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFuzzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked this thread and I especially enjoyed Ivory's enthusiasm. He made some bold statements, but I am betting the people who doubt him haven't actually tried what he has done.
I like when people challenge themselves in this game and try new things. Making a point to visit zones they've never been to, do quests they've never done, play a class they've never played, and even some more creative and challenging scenarios.
Yeah she is a master of alternate questing.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:02 PM
Banned

OK gentlemen

we have determined there is now such thing as a (roleplay) ogre ranger, by only using green armor and a bow.

What other roleplay classes are there and could I think I would like to play one.. but idk what etoeher combos could you make that would be fun to RP and annoy other players with?

1. Ogre Ranger (only bow, green or dyed green armor only)
2. ?
3. ??
4. ???
5. ????
6. ?????
Old 02-22-2018, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Halfling Shadowknight of Bristlebane.

Electrobuzzer handshake harm touch prank.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don’t see the argument how rangers are the best at archery. Warriors have a higher attack potential, crippling shots (3x), and can use the very best bow. Sure rangers get true shot, but warriors get precision. I’d put my money on a crippling precision warrior throwing shots over any ranger disc. Crippling blows aren’t just a replacement for critical hits. They also happen far more often.
Plus Ogre....
Old 02-22-2018, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don’t see the argument how rangers are the best at archery. Warriors have a higher attack potential, crippling shots (3x), and can use the very best bow. Sure rangers get true shot, but warriors get precision. I’d put my money on a crippling precision warrior throwing shots over any ranger disc. Crippling blows aren’t just a replacement for critical hits. They also happen far more often.
So im still in the process of crafting this character. It could still go war or ranger at this point...

Ive played neither to high level... what about ranger being able to gain double dmg on stationary targets? Do you guys think that would edge out warriors?

3x dmg crippling war
4x dmg crit stationary ranger

Am I missing something?
Old 02-22-2018, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Double damage doesn't require a stationary target, or at least if it's supposed to then it doesn't on P99. In fact, it's the opposite - stationary targets mitigate 50% bow damage, which I'm sure is true for any class. I'd say double damage is about a 50% proc rate, and yeah because of this a ranger is going to destroy a warrior in bow DPS.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 02-22-2018 at 06:53 PM..
Old 02-22-2018, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Stationary targets will mitigate 50% archery damage across all classes I believe. Double damage can still occur for a ranger on a stationary target, but in that case it will just be doing normal damage.

Edit: Apparently double dmg on stationaries is a feature of Trueshot for rangers, should be working as intended on P99. Also worth noting that Trueshot has a 2-minute duration.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 02-22-2018 at 07:04 PM..
Closed Thread