Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 02:25 AM
Kobold

Default Stuck in Nektulos forest with an empty zone.

Hi Team,

I posted a petition to but figure I'll post here to see if anyone else has any advice. Ran into the missing zone problem. I originally didn't fully follow the instructions correctly and several of the files required to be deleted remained in my directory.

So I removed those files and tried to reload the game but Nektulos forest still does not load. Below is to show I've removed the right files.

Code:
user@Home:/mnt/d/General/Everquest$ ls | grep -i "arena.eqg|arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt|lavastorm.eqg|nektulos.eqg|Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt"
user@Home:/mnt/d/General/Everquest$ ls | grep -i "nektulos"
nektulosa_chr.txt
nektulosa.emt
nektulos_assets.txt
nektulosa.zon
nektulos_chr.s3d
nektulos_chr.txt
nektulos.emt
nektulos_obj1.eqg
nektulos_obj.s3d
nektulos.s3d
nektulos_sndbnk.eff
nektulos_sounds.eff
nektulos.xmi
user@Home:/mnt/d/General/Everquest$ ls | grep -i "lavastorm"
lavastorm_chr.s3d
lavastorm_chr.txt
lavastorm.mp3
lavastorm_obj.s3d
lavastorm.s3d
lavastorm_sndbnk.eff
lavastorm_sounds.eff
lavastorm.xmi
user@Home:/mnt/d/General/Everquest$
So now I am stuck in Nek forest and cannot move or do anything. I cannot see anything and cannot leave. Any thoughts? I've read just about every thread on this. I've rebooted as well. Still no luck. Any ideas?
Old 02-20-2018, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Setup Guide
Quote:
The following files must be DELETED or MOVED OUT OF the Titanium directory:

arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
Did you miss a file or two in this step? If you remove the nektulos files, that will fix the problem
Old 02-20-2018, 02:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Setup Guide

Did you miss a file or two in this step? If you remove the nektulos files, that will fix the problem
Thank you Kavious for the help! Did you get a chance to see my shell output showing those files were indeed removed?
Old 02-20-2018, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Its a pretty common thing for someone to miss a file in that step, so figured that would be the case.

If those files are not in the directory, Im not sure what else to try. Ive not seen a case where that happens and those files have been properly removed/deleted
Old 02-20-2018, 03:13 AM
Kobold

Think its worth reposting this in the tech support forum? Just realized that might be a better spot?

I posted the ls and grep statements to prove those files were indeed deleted.

LS lists the directory and spits text output of all files in the DIR. Grep tries to match text. You'll notice my grep statement is that of the files we're looking for. Running the command shows no output which proves they are in-fact removed from the EQ directory.

Now that wasn't originally the case. I had forgotten the nektulos files. But they've since been removed.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:29 AM
Kobold

If your character is still stuck you need to petition a GM to get summoned. They'll probably move you to EC, and if you fixed the problem when you zone back into Nektulos you'll be in the right place [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2018, 05:50 PM
Kobold

Tonight I am going to re-install the entire game. Following the instructions and removing those files again.

Is there a way to backup my UI and hotkey/macro configuration?
Old 02-21-2018, 12:06 AM
Kobold

Finally fixed it by re-installing entirely and redoing the whole setup procedure. Thanks everyone.
Closed Thread