Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tough choices for the developer team to decide on quality of life changes vs. the classic experience. I think p1999 has balanced it pretty well, but I am still salty about when they removed buff timers lol. I think the biggest thing I've seen is the discrepancy with the number of items from raid mobs in classic vs p1999 even with all the evidence. That being said, I can't complain about something I get to play for free.
This is my next project to complete, I just completed my classic pet name research project. Lets just say I have mountains of evidence I will be presenting on near every mob...
Old 02-21-2018, 06:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rygar I appreciate that you want a pure classic experience but removing all the Quality of Life from p99 will hurt it. You're among the top of my aggravation list in the bug section because of the number of player hindering bug reports you post in the bug section. Which don't get me wrong I don't dislike you I thank you for taking the time to go out of your way to go search for information to help improve p99.

I disagree with your statement that classic live was harder than p99 disregarding the meta information we have now. I think it is that meta information that we have now that gives the appearance that p99 is easier. But I'm also a firm believer that the server has special cases such as roots/charms breaking back to back. These cases being where the rng rolls in favor of screwing over the player to give them further impression that this is classic and hardcore.

One thing that would improve everyone's lives with the bug section is if they stopped using the forums for bug tracking and used something like Mantis bug Tracker... https://www.mantisbt.org/
here is a quick and simple answer... look at rogean's sig if it still the same FREE GAMING

FREE GAMING FREE GAMING shits classic
Old 02-21-2018, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Cecily about to lay down the law with a machine gun and a +4 Grenade of Exploding.

Injustices to Pokesan are met with swift countermeasures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (21.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-21-2018, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

+1 for pokesan
+1 for Ceecily
& +1 for d3r14k's pic
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Devs never intended items to be recharged. We all know it's silly and should not be available.
That argument died and was laid to rest years ago, there are few who lament its passing. Here's the summary for you in case you missed it:

Devs never intended FD splitting either. Amazingly enough, in these and many other cases of emergent gameplay, rather than remove the mechanic they did their best to tune content with it in mind. It's true that vendor recharging was eventually killed, but not until long after new content and new mechanics/items/abilities had made classic/kunark items unimportant.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:14 PM
Banned

😬
Closed Thread