Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Large Bat

Default A P99 Case Study - Looking for Interviews

Hey everyone,

several months ago I posted here in a similar matter asking for people I can interview for a research project (look here, even thou there's not much to see). Back then I got many positive replies and so far everybody I talked to has been nothing but kind and helpful. I am at it again, looking for people who’d be willing to share an hour or so of their time to answer a few questions via VoIP or Chat.

The research project is part of my master thesis in communication and game studies in which I am focusing on the strategies that players apply to adapt their “classic” gaming experience to the new media environment. In particular I am looking at the ways how people use new means of communication, for example by using Streams, Twitter, VoIP, the Wiki or other services that were not common in the classic era.

If you are willing to be interviewed I’d be delighted if you could let me know via PM. Most people I have been talking to so far could be described as long standing veterans of Everquest. They gave me great insight into many aspects of Project 1999. However, this time I would be particularly interested in people who meet one (or more) of the following criteria:

• You are regularly spending time editing or contributing to the P99-Wiki
• You run your own stream or you regularly create videos about P99 on twitch.tv, YouTube …
• You consciously abstain (or partly abstain) from using newer media that wasn’t around in the classic era, either to preserve that classic feeling or for other reasons. “Newer Media” includes things like VoIP, Wiki-Knowledge
• You create your own third-party software or you contribute to an existing one
• You actively help to develop Project 1999 by contributing code, models, textures etc.
• You never played Everquest until you started playing Project 1999
• You don’t even like Everquest, you just lurk here
• You are part of the developers team or a guide/gm on Project 1999
• Basically anyone who has an opinion and likes to talk about classic EQ in 2014

If you are willing to participate please let me know, even if you don’t meet any of the above mentioned criteria I might still be interested. If you do however I’d be even more grateful if you could find the time for an interview.

In the past I have had some good experiences with playing during interviews, so if interested I can offer support with my 54 shaman (on blue) while we talk (provided that I don’t have to be too active). I know your time is valuable, maybe this can provide some compensation.

Raurackl
Old 06-25-2014, 07:26 AM
Large Bat

bump.

got a few PMs, still looking for more thou. for research!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:15 AM
Banned

I'll do it, I was P99's biggest streamer and I've raided on this server for over 4 years.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll do it, I was P99's biggest streamer and I've raided on this server for over 4 years.
Start streaming again imo.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Closed Thread