Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect. There was a ruling on this not long ago that if you killed something and logged (i.e. Log to another char so you can loot said item) you forfeit loot rights.

This keeps someone from perma camping an item such as VP key parts and Ancient Cyclops rings etc. because you also can't corpse items using the same strategy.

If you are doing a camp like this for an item for another char you run the risk of someone else looting it unfortunately.
Please link the ruling.

It is a deeply established precedent here that killing a mob entitles a player to the loot rights of that mob.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rights go to the player, not the character.
Impossible, as players have no way of knowing which person plays which characters so anyone could claim the loot that way.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect. There was a ruling on this not long ago that if you killed something and logged (i.e. Log to another char so you can loot said item) you forfeit loot rights.

This keeps someone from perma camping an item such as VP key parts and Ancient Cyclops rings etc. because you also can't corpse items using the same strategy.

If you are doing a camp like this for an item for another char you run the risk of someone else looting it unfortunately.
I'm pretty sure this in not correct. From what I read out of the ruling (what I recall at least) it was during an Ancient Cyclops dispute, they said the loot rights go to the player, meaning you CAN camp the mob and then log onto another toon to loot the item. However, you must then give up the camp, regardless of what character of yours looted it, you are only allowed to get 1 of that item if others are waiting in line. I'm not sure how this applies to the ass/sup camp, I just know that's what I saw for the AC camp.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raszul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. . . I killed him and the other 2 spawns, logged to my Rogue, and saw the Assa Corpse decaying. downstairs I heared the Guy dying to some froglocks and then he went offline immidiatly. Ive made a petition, but someone in /ooc said to me I should make a post in the forum here as well. what can I do? . . .
Why would you report him? He did nothing wrong. When you /logout you give up the camp and any loot rights.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Impossible, as players have no way of knowing which person plays which characters so anyone could claim the loot that way.
It is trivial because since you won't get petitioned by yourself for looting your own item, nothing bad will happen. If the char that kills it petitions the char that loots it, then problems happen. If not, all is well.
Last edited by Juryiel; 05-11-2015 at 10:07 AM..
Old 05-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Julae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you report him? He did nothing wrong. When you /logout you give up the camp and any loot rights.
Incorrect.

Please see this thread, specifically my post on page 19 & Eunomia's on page 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia
The ownership of looting rights does not expire until the corpse expires.

Logging off to switch characters does not forfeit these rights.

Logging off while claiming a camp forfeits the camp claim if no other party member continues a presence at the camp during that "log off" absence. If the person logging off with no other party member present returns prior to another player claiming the camp, they may reclaim the camp.

You may not agree with the server's rules and policies, but we would appreciate it if you do not mislead other players while voicing your opposition.
Quote:
To reiterate because I typed it wrong and edited:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=180
Old 05-11-2015, 10:21 AM
Kobold

I've been honoring the following from:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=177

Quote:
The ownership of looting rights does not expire until the corpse expires.

Logging off while claiming a camp forfeits the camp claim if no other party member continues a presence at the camp during that "log off" absence. If the person logging off with no other party member present returns prior to another player claiming the camp, they may reclaim the camp.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Interesting. A guildmate of mine swapped characters to loot something that was lore and he already had on that character, when he swapped over some level 1 toon had ninja'd the item and he was told when soloing you forfeit loots when you camp.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those rules only apply to raid and group kills. You may want to read again.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Julae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those rules only apply to raid and group kills. You may want to read again.
Actually even though the post was about a group, the rule still states that if YOU (solo or a group) kill a mob, you have full rights to that mob until the corpse expires. Don't understand how that can be taken any other way, but lawyers will lawyer I guess.