Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did that once as a young halfling. An experienced, but unequipped, veteran Leatherfoot Raider gathered a group of us young halflings. He stank of jum, but promised riches. Runnyeye Citadel.

We battled down through goblins, close to the king's throneroom. The veteran halfling was unerringly familiar with the dungeon as if he had made the trip many times before.

Suddenly we were ambushed by a group of elite goblins. I hid but the other young ones bravely fought and died. The naked veteran stinking of jum looked at the barrel behind which I as hiding and gave a wry grin before disappearing in a blue explosion which I now know indicates a resurrection.

The only evidence of the haggard old dog's sortie into runnyeye was graffiti left on the wall alongside the corpses of the youngsters. It read "Filbus was here".
might consider playing for this.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:16 PM
Aviak

Is it confirmed Green will roll back into Blue population after some time?
Old 04-29-2019, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
might consider playing for this.
Apologies for lack of smut or wordplay, I usually like to include some if I think you're likely to read the post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 04-29-2019, 02:35 PM
Kobold

I'm gonna roll on green, simply because I joined blue pretty darn late and I'd like to play the game at the "launch" level again with so many people grouping that'll it would be hard to go solo.

I just wish I didn't have to wait till October.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No blackened alloy until Runneye gets revamped. Really, lack of IBC, Blackened Alloy and racial armor blacksmithing are probably going to be the biggest changes between leveling up in ALS and leveling up on Green in the beginning.

Polished granite tomahawk/dragoon dirk is a solid combo though. Very classic. I myself used dragoon dirk/gladius as my weapons until the high 20's, and I'm looking forward to that feeling of finding gear like that again.

Brutechopper also a solid choice, will be amusing to see people do Lynuga for her common drop; a ~130 plat magic 0.32 ratio 2 hander is solid in classic for early leveling.
There was Blackened Iron in Rnlunnyeye before the revamp, I think it was just slightly heavier than banded?

I myself am gonna be rocking a Tentacle whip until I can get an Obsidian Flamberge or something
Old 04-29-2019, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was Blackened Iron in Rnlunnyeye before the revamp, I think it was just slightly heavier than banded?

I myself am gonna be rocking a Tentacle whip until I can get an Obsidian Flamberge or something
Yeah, I think I've seen the stats on that. Solid classic gear, but nothing out of whack with the rest of the classic items like the blackened alloy bastard sword would have been. I think the blackened iron bastard sword was a 20/47? Blackened alloy is basically Razing Sword of Skarlon available off a high 20's mob, it is a stand out item in the ALS economy by being available in someone's mid 20's and better than basically any other 2 hander until the high 40's.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:26 PM
Aviak

Anyone have a quick list of the changes from blue currently to a fresh green? I know there will be a lot, but I'm curious of the big ones since I only stated EQ after Kunark.

I heard about exp penalties, but what are other big ones?
Old 04-29-2019, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

I'll be running a druid methinks
Old 05-02-2019, 01:25 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any casual who thinks Green is not for them has things backwards as hell. who cares about guise/manastones? Seriously it doesn't matter

Running around zones that are full of other struggling players trying to carve out some xp here and there? that's what classic eq is about and should be a casual's dream

Im very casual, and the economy on Blue makes it meh for me - I have maybe 10k plat (in items) across a dozen characters

Recently started on Daybreak Mangler server to see what it was like, and it was glorious - just like the old days. That said, the QOL improvements really are nice, and Ill miss them on P99 Green (no weight coins, no corpse recovery being the two biggest)

Anyway, I am looking forward to my first cracked staff, my first pile of bone chips to try and sell, my first few CB belts to hand in myself as I need the armor and nobody can afford to buy for twinks
Old 05-02-2019, 04:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fake news... I was in crushbone this past week and of the 3 groups I joined, there wasn’t one person twinked with more than a venomous axe and some crusty armor. This idea that everyone has infinite plat on blue is a lie.
i grouped with those guys and their guildies were not online to transfer fungi's over to them, later on i saw them all with fungi's and oen of them had a dragon sash, im afraid its true that blue is just a saturated mess and is no place for a new player or casual
Last edited by Kanuvan; 05-02-2019 at 04:26 AM..
Closed Thread