Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 06:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mostly post on the forums. Right now I’m trying to teach myself magic though. One, ok two tiny little spells to change my appearance passed me out for 24 hours+ and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing.
Actual magic or pulling a rabbit out of a hat?
Old 05-08-2019, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

I remember rogues being banned in HK groups back in the day. in fact, rogues were often treated as black sheep due to peoples various beliefs about how PP worked.

And then there some real dumbasses who would ninjaloot items and say they were roleplaying their rogues. Didn't help their rep much.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah rogues back in classic times werent popular. Known as a very limited dps class with a rather poor actual dps! They had a crappy selection of weapons and if i remember correct their skills were lackluster as well. Verant had to show them some love. During the first year of EQ they were known as probably THE worst class of choice
Old 05-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actual magic or pulling a rabbit out of a hat?
I would stay away from magick with a K and magic the gathering (too expensive!)
Old 05-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah rogues back in classic times werent popular. Known as a very limited dps class with a rather poor actual dps! They had a crappy selection of weapons and if i remember correct their skills were lackluster as well. Verant had to show them some love. During the first year of EQ they were known as probably THE worst class of choice
Mainly an itemization issue. And I think they added a minimum backstab damage amount. I think it was trident of the seven seas that they started to be seen as a solid class but that didn't show up until they itemized khedge. like 3-4 months after release I think?
Old 05-08-2019, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember rogues being banned in HK groups back in the day. in fact, rogues were often treated as black sheep due to peoples various beliefs about how PP worked.

And then there some real dumbasses who would ninjaloot items and say they were roleplaying their rogues. Didn't help their rep much.
This still happens on Project 1999 as well.

Well, except for the banned part.

I was in a full HK goblin group and there was a Rogue nearby on the waiting list who just wanted to train his weapon skills on our mobs while he waited.

There were multiple pickpocket fail messages in chat and each time he gave the excuse that his finger slipped.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Evade was post release. They generated swing damage like a warrior, with the bonus aggro of backstab, but no way to dump aggro.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:13 AM
Aviak

Can a level 6 naked rogue go drag corpses through The Hole? Curious because if my friend hadn't gotten a surprise rez last night, I would have been dragging for her.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can a level 6 naked rogue go drag corpses through The Hole? Curious because if my friend hadn't gotten a surprise rez last night, I would have been dragging for her.
If you're a Brell Serillis worshipping one I think you could
Old 05-08-2019, 10:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're a Brell Serillis worshipping one I think you could
Sounds like you are saying there are see-through-sneakHide mobs that are on that faction?
Closed Thread