Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

I am the most powerful rogue thanks to my parse, me and the other 73 characters that killed that 20 year old creature really used my high parse to win.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whether or not it would bother you is irrelevant to it bothering someone else. There are people who roll halfling clerics just for the 5% exp bonus, 10% is nothing to sneeze at in a game as grindy and time consuming as EQ.
Well thank God the vast majority of people on this server realize long and grindy is what they signed up for and aren't dickheads like that or I'd never get groups on my ALS toons in their spartan gear.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:10 PM
Aviak

this thread got dank af
Old 06-01-2019, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well thank God the vast majority of people on this server realize long and grindy is what they signed up for and aren't dickheads like that or I'd never get groups on my ALS toons in their spartan gear.
You clearly didn't grasp what I said. The dickhead would, in fact, be you in my example.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vast majority on this server assign value to stats. If they didn't, we'd have a bunch of naked toons running around and East Commons would be empty. Farming would be useless.

The insanity in this thread is several people denying the reality that stats have value in Everquest.

Imagine if there were a drop in game that allowed you to choose +25 of any stat combination and apply it permanently to a character. Imagine the value of something like this if it were possible to trade. If you think it would be worth anything less than 200k then I have a bridge to sell you.

That's what starting stats are 'worth' to the rest of the server. Maybe you don't give a shit, but most people do. You're definitely the odd one out.

And btw, I don't give a shit if you consider yourself casual. Terms relative and not an insult imo.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one cares if you're doing 18 dps instead of 20 dps as a lvl 25 rogue at MM Pond groups, If you are busting out Gamparse to track your damage in exp groups you might be an insane person.
qft. Makes me confused when i see people twinking their rogues with anything but hp, resist and sta gear
Old 06-01-2019, 09:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larethan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vast majority on this server assign value to stats. If they didn't, we'd have a bunch of naked toons running around and East Commons would be empty. Farming would be useless.

The insanity in this thread is several people denying the reality that stats have value in Everquest.

Imagine if there were a drop in game that allowed you to choose +25 of any stat combination and apply it permanently to a character. Imagine the value of something like this if it were possible to trade. If you think it would be worth anything less than 200k then I have a bridge to sell you.

That's what starting stats are 'worth' to the rest of the server. Maybe you don't give a shit, but most people do. You're definitely the odd one out.

And btw, I don't give a shit if you consider yourself casual. Terms relative and not an insult imo.
Yeah, everyone is concerned with stats. I get that. You can't compare an item that is +25 with starting stats though because you can't buy starting stats. Of course people with lots of plat will pay lots for such an item but is it necessary? Probably not.

Again, go back to what the guy that started the thread mentioned which was STA. 20 more STA would give him, as a rogue, a whole 80 hit points. If you would pay 200k for 80 hit points you have more plat than brains.

Oh, one more thing. Go back and read the thread. Almost everyone but you told the OP that it was no big deal.
Last edited by Osprey39; 06-01-2019 at 09:22 PM..
Old 06-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
qft. Makes me confused when i see people twinking their rogues with anything but hp, resist and sta gear
You must be easily confused.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Yeah, everyone is concerned with stats. I get that. You can't compare an item that is +25 with starting stats though because you can't buy starting stats. Of course people with lots of plat will pay lots for such an item but is it necessary? Probably not.

Again, go back to what the guy that started the thread mentioned which was STA. 20 more STA would give him, as a rogue, a whole 80 hit points. If you would pay 200k for 80 hit points you have more plat than brains.

Oh, one more thing. Go back and read the thread. Almost everyone but you told the OP that it was no big deal.
Wrong. I told the OP that he's fine with going STR on DWF Rogue for a new character. I picked a bone with all the people saying that starting stats are irrelevant, which is false. If OP had gone say, all CHA or INT on his toon I would have advised him to re-roll

The ironic part of you telling me to 'read the thread' is that you provably demonstrated that you didn't read the thread.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Let's remember the topic is 'importance of ideal starting stats'. So while starting stats aren't irrelevant, having ideal starting stats isn't really important.

80 hp on a 60 toon that rarely takes hits, except AoEs when raiding... There are enough DPS toons in endgame to ensure the the boss will run out of hp before the rogue does. That's best case scenario.
Last edited by Jimjam; 06-02-2019 at 03:21 AM..
Closed Thread