Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the past I used to troll them if I was feeling a bit cheery, but that usually lead to them getting angry so I don't do that anymore.

I would send the porter a tell every 20 secs to interrupt their tells from others needing ports, I'd prod them to come get me, where I was at, how long I had to get to point B, how much longer did I have to wait, I did this until they either got me or ignored me.

Had one porter who got really angry when I did this once, and I felt bad because he was legitimately frustrated and agitated as he was busy and I was being a dickling to him. He chided me as politely as he could, warned me he was going to cancel my port if I kept pestering him, and sure enough he canceled my trip and put me on ignore.

So some of them do not have much of a sense of humor and/or take their porting very seriously.

Just as all humans go, everyone is different and so is each DAP porter. Each one has different thresholds of how much dicking they can take too.

That being said, this guy sounds like he is unreasonably agitated by people simply trying to be friendly and polite to him.
#porting_is_serious_business_2017

You keep those scurvy dogs off my boats or I'll keel-haul'em & swap the poop deck with their guts
Old 06-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

not sure i ever asked skeins if they porting or not. it seem inefficient because i still gotta ask them if they will port me from x to y for z and the answer not gonna be no different than if I just skip that first question, so i dont ask it.

i generally just solicit openly with terms, which may vary wildly depending on the present financial situation of my present self. it allow interested parties to come to me on they own though, so i not have to persuade them. but usually they too shy and I have to track them down with private inquiry anyway :c

ive stopped paying though. i feel liek ive pause for enough ports in my life and it not right to continue, so i don't do it no more and am just upfront with them about it and tell them, i not gonna pay you or nothing, but i REALLY need a port please.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:16 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

not sure what 'skeins' is, but my iphone think it what i mean when I say 'someone.'
Old 06-26-2017, 10:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
swap the poop deck with their guts
please don't compromise the structural integrity of Norrath's boats with your weird experimental methods of torture.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeemoOfAstora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
please don't compromise the structural integrity of Norrath's boats with your weird experimental methods of torture.
My bad, I had too much rum and forgot about the whole wood floating on water thing. Now what about skinning people & using their hides for sails tho? Could one weave enough human tapestries together to form sails to use?
Old 06-26-2017, 11:04 AM
Kobold

Druids and Wizards have TLs on Agnarr.
Addiction (Officer) EQ Mayong - 2009-2010
Wudan (Member) EQ Rallos Zek - 2003-2004
Elven Crusaders (Officer) EQ Rallos Zek - 2000-2003
Old 06-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

yeah, butt the problem Witham is the hides gonna get too dry and stuff in the sun and then you sail gonna warp and it introduce weird cross currents and stuff. now, you can maybe ride some of that by ripping he hides into thin strips so you sail not all patchworky liek a orc vest or something, but I think it still gonna be a maintenance nightmare.

it also a lotta extra weight on you mast too. no matter how big and strong or fat you mast is, it gonna struggle with all that extra weight. even a super thick mast jutting proudly from you boat on the sea liek a lone oak on the great planes of karana, it gonna throb and now beneath the tug of all that sail :c
Old 06-26-2017, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah, butt the problem Witham is the hides gonna get too dry and stuff in the sun and then you sail gonna warp and it introduce weird cross currents and stuff. now, you can maybe ride some of that by ripping he hides into thin strips so you sail not all patchworky liek a orc vest or something, but I think it still gonna be a maintenance nightmare.

it also a lotta extra weight on you mast too. no matter how big and strong or fat you mast is, it gonna struggle with all that extra weight. even a super thick mast jutting proudly from you boat on the sea liek a lone oak on the great planes of karana, it gonna throb and now beneath the tug of all that sail :c
smh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure what 'skeins' is, but my iphone think it what i mean when I say 'someone.'
I was about to google this word. I thought you were wielding a word I had never heard of here, using it in a context I'd never seen.

I am still looking it up lol. Maybe this word exists afterall.

Definition of skein

or less commonly skeanplay or skeane \ˈskān\ : a loosely coiled length of yarn or thread wound on a reel

: something suggesting the twists or coils of a skein : tangle

: a flock of wildfowl (such as geese or ducks) in flight

Well, there you go. The word "skein" exists.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Patchwork human skin armor would be kinda eye brow raising but flimsy. Would this be a human head as a helmet or a meat helmet? I could tell you some differences about them but I explain it all in my book. Just 39.95$
Old 06-26-2017, 11:47 AM
Banned

typical antisocial and entitled DaP
Closed Thread