Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 09:49 AM
Aviak

Default Strange lag/delay (every action happens 60 seconds later)

Now and then I start to lag, I don't disconnect and I can still play but whatever command I use it comes 60 seconds later, so I basically die everytime since I solo in deep down in dungeons. Gchat, spells, con all happens with a minute delayed.

Everytime I gotta alt F4 and then I usually start dead. Getting old
Old 11-28-2018, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Packet loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowmercy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump. for anyone else experiencing this - after alot of troubleshooting and some help from some tech savvy ppl this is a packletloss issue.

http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/
plug straight into your modem, disable other devices, run this software and connect to one of p99's IP 66.55.145.2. also try google's 8.8.8.8

the 2nd number in the collumn after the host name shows hte % of packets lost. gonna get a tech out here soon as i can ill post what he says

i was getting 5% packloss across pretty much everything i would try to connect to. to give an example of what this did in everquest - i would target a mob, and /con it in half secound intervals, at around every 15-20 secound the con messages would stop, then after a few seconds a bunch of con messages would appear in the chat window like it was trying to catch up.

another example - im running for my life trying to open a door, 2 seconds goes by after i click the door before it opens all the while mobs beating on me
-Mcoy
Old 11-28-2018, 10:48 AM
Aviak

Maybe your log file is corrupted? I had problems with lag on just one of my characters, but it went away when I deleted my log file.

Sintia - Wood Elf Druid
Biglee - Gnome Warrior
Old 11-28-2018, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

(Stop your other downloads)
Old 11-28-2018, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

have you done speed tests?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't used Windows in ages, but I'm pretty sure you can use the Task Manager somehow to see what's using your CPU/memory. I'd leave that up when you play, and then when the lag starts see what program is at the top of the Task Manager list.

If the program at the top is EQ, one of the other suggestions (eg. McCoy's idea of packet loss) might be correct. I think the Task Manager might show network traffic also, and if so you could check that theory in the Task Manager also, but I might just be thinking of the Linux equivalent.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-28-2018 at 01:00 PM..
Old 11-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Kobold

Exact same thing happenned to me last night in PoH.

Every 2- 6 min, my client would go out of sync. Couldn't cast spells, or use commands or anything. My latency was only 80 - 100 ms, and i wasn't DC'ing. I could still see periodic chat, and some players, but I could do no actions of any kind.

I wish someone could come up with the solutuion. It never happened to me in PoF or PoS, but PoH caused me terrible headaches.

If anyone has any ideas with what is going on, PLS help :/

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 11-28-2018, 02:35 PM
Kobold

It happened to me yesterday too. I use Comcast as my provider. Do we have that in common?
Old 11-28-2018, 02:51 PM
Kobold

I use a thethered cell through US Cellular. Although it happened before months ago, it was NEVER this bad. And even when it was happening, I could still tab out, and watch streaming, videos, browse, etc. So I do not believe its my ISP. The fact that others are reporting the same scenario having other providers, leads me to believe it's gotta be something else. /shrug

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 11-28-2018, 04:00 PM
Banned

Funny this was brought up.. Just logged online on my lunch break to see what's crackin in norrath, and noticed a big delay as well. Logged off for fear of death.. Strange...
Closed Thread