Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 11:09 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beginner area in front of Kaladim is full of skeletons. Bone chips turn in quest is inside Kaladim. Perfect match. I was leveling up so fast i couldn't believe. Compared with my other Druid that got stuck at lvl7.
If only I could use the gear from it lol
Old 06-06-2020, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exard3k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although they are quite capable solo, I don't think pet classes are very beginner friendly on green because the box isn't there yet and you have to do macros and keybinds and shit.

If that is less complicated for beginners than asking for a group in chat, then yes. My recommended class/race is barbarian shaman.
I'm planning for my next toon to be Barbarian Shaman. (but this game is huge time sink and not much free time... although, no rush, I have years & I don't care for slow progress....)

Speaking of pet/macros vs groups and easiest. Depend of player of course. I'm bad, very very bad player, as Druid I nuke myself, heal and give shield to enemy all the time. I have /loc button but mostly when dying, in that moment of panic, trying gate, don't work, trying to flee but stunned.... I forget to click on it. Bad, slow, clumsy player in senior years.

I'm lost in the groups, everything is going so fast, I can't follow. Can't learn my role and frankly, I don't care. I'm slow.

So I slowly solo and enjoy the game. Mage is perfect for me. I don't have macros. I have my Q key (melle attack) binded to /pet attack. Simple to send pet into the fight. There is one more button I have on hotbar: /pet back off

Haven't need anything else yet at lvl 21 now. Sometimes we both attack, sometimes only pet attack, sometimes I get full XP, sometimes half XP, I don't care. Game is that way as simplest as it can be.

Ahh, I remapped my key (left of number 1) for retargeting or whatever is called. Cycling through. I click on NPC and I click on my pet. Now with that 'tilda' key I can cycle between NPC and pet and watch both HP. If pet is getting too low, I just come close, NPC attacks me and I help pet survive this way. Or I help with nukes if I have plenty of mana.

Necro I'm confused at lvl15, don't quite understand the spells how they work. LOL! But still much more fun class to play, than non pet class so far for me.

Maybe those Magician pet macros are important in the groups. Or raids. I'm avoiding groups, (and will never ever enter the raid) it is too stressful to me. I'm keep making mistakes, not sure what to do, there is simple no joy for me in the groups. Plus players are cheating with looting. Why aggravate myself with this nonsense. I just want to have fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Magician is the simplest and most fun class so far. I'm not sure what are those complicated macros you are talking about, this clumsy, slow, bad player have no problems with them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

p.s.
tried to set up twice assist button, I never got it to work, just to show you how bad player I am... took me over 10 levels to figure out, how to first time successfully use bandages. Yet mage is still the easiest for me.
Last edited by pivo; 06-06-2020 at 11:36 AM..
Old 06-06-2020, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne62682 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only I could use the gear from it lol
My Wood Elf could. Well it is source of good gold by selling those pieces back to vendor. Skelies should drop cloth armor for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread