Is the hammer returning as well?

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-18-2019, 05:52 AM
VIP / Contributor

I was just saying hi. Gotta laugh at the people who are still mad about bans though. Guess no one should be surprised when troublemakers on a nostalgia server would have trouble moving on. Even still using fish bait. Wasn't that funny .. eight? .. years ago.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:04 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The problem now isn't that the info is wrong, it's that it lacks information about when stuff was added. The old EQ Traders message board would have been handy for tracking down some of that info ... but really we can probably find all that with just Wayback and the main site.

The real reason I wish I could read the old message board was ... maybe as an old school tradeskiller you'll remember this, and it's something that bugs me about the tradeskill implementation here. On Live, I remember it being very well established wisdom that success/failure did not impact skill-ups. Like it was a common myth that they did, and the people who were seriously into tradeskills did experiments and stuff to prove it was a myth.

I know memories are crap, but I remember that "truth" very strongly from old school tradeskilling. The biggest reason I want access to the old message board is so I can find proof to make them work classically here (ie. make skill-ups independent of success/failure).
Yeah sadly it's no accident that robots.txt file is there, they moved on to work for SoE and even though SoE is gone, the people who came on to dev were fairly bitter that so many people preferred the original content to the stuff they were churning out. So that robots file is not likely to be removed.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:35 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBait01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes. Can't wait to get banned again for pulling another camp's untouched mobs.

You still a blowhard?
If by that do you mean am I still going to shut you down spectacularly as ever? Yes.

For everyone else's perspective, during my era in server history, there were newbie-ending vendor bugs, a lot of work to go before Velious, people paying a company in India to DDoS the server over end-game bs, others exploiting major economy-destroying dupes, and generally no one answering petitions for most of it.

My priority was making sure people actually had a good time, and when people experienced real problems, I bent over backward for those people and spent as much time as that took. Everyone else got exactly the amount of attention they deserved in that grand scheme.

So back to you: If that meant you got treated like a toddler who was acting up, you probably deserved it. Sorry not sorry about your feelings, can't say I remember you as much as you remember me.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My priority was making sure people actually had a good time...
If that meant you got treated like a toddler who was acting up, you probably deserved it. Sorry not sorry about your feelings
I don't know what fishbait did exactly, but you literally banned me for asking a question about the server rules.

Imagine this. It's like I go in to a hardware chain that I have fond memories of as a child. I ask the Employee of the Month about the return policy, then he proceeds to cuss me out. When I ask why, the employee then calls me a baby, claims I'm trying to piss him off on purpose, and says I deserve it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think your very knowledgeable about the job, and very skilled when it comes to hardware...but maybe the help desk wasn't he right place for you.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:51 AM
VIP / Contributor

Behind every account action, there's someone who doesn't feel like it was deserved and has a story where they're the victim. Sorry you're still mad about it, but have a great day, and try to move on! There's no vindication for you here.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:52 AM
Kobold

He abused his power and has no regret. Dont expect this psycho to ever care. It is better off he never comes back.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

People who got banned 9 years ago are still mad go figure lol
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:04 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who got banned 9 years ago are still mad go figure lol
ITT: A bunch of people with accounts made long after I left, crying about bans.

In other words: people who got banned a lot, and by more than just me.

Who would have thought people playing a 20 year old game would have trouble moving on!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg giphy.jpg (22.7 KB, 1 views)
Last edited by Uthgaard; 10-18-2019 at 10:07 AM..
Old 10-18-2019, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Behind every account action, there's someone who doesn't feel like it was deserved
With all due respect, I don't think that is true. I think you're telling yourself that to assure yourself and remove self doubt.

I remember AM widely mocking other guilds across the forums for being unable to down targets, and themselves having a 100% success hit rate.

Obviously their claimed infallibility was not true, but doubtless there was still room for plenty of fun and success, even on small targets, in that guild.

I posted the following in their guild recruitment thread:

It was an instant hit, and many people memed the image elsewhere:

However, despite the popularity of the image (both in and out the guild), I took it down from their guild recruitment thread and issued an apology as I knew it was wrong.

After taking down the image and issue the apology I received a ban for the post, which I 100% do not dispute, and 100% endorse; it was easily construed as trolling in a guild recruitment forum; not allowed.

So as you see, perhaps you need to redress your confidence. Mistakes happen and there isn't a complaint for every disciplinary action, likewise we can't ascribe every complaint at a disciplinary action 'par for the course'
Closed Thread