Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Default Cog Boost / Clockwork Armor / Gnome Warriors

Curious for any Gnome warriors out there:

Was the 40% haste clicky worth being a gnome? How long does the buff last when you are 50+?

How does the stacking work with the str and dex clickies from the clockwork armor?
Old 04-30-2020, 01:46 PM
Skeleton

I am also curious about this.

I want to make a gnome.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Heh, yea, it's worth it, considering the closest another race war can get to this is the annoying/expensive eyepatch of plunder 20% haste quest.

The str/dex clickies stack with this haste as well, as well as other str/dex buffs. This makes gnome the defacto solo war twink build, nothing really remotely close except maybe an iksar/troll war with regen. The cost of these regeants can easily be offset by normal lvl 20+ mob loot.

It's a damn shame we'll never see gnome Sks on this server, which would also pair extremely well with the haste arms.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:15 PM
Sarnak

Gnomes are worth playing if only for the beauty.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:53 PM
Fire Giant

It’s ridiculously overpowered and makes them the best wars to 60 by a long shot.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:27 PM
Sarnak

these have to be worn to be able to use their effect correct?
Old 05-01-2020, 12:40 AM
Fire Giant

You equip them, click them, put back in bag for ragefire arms.

Reclick as needed.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

Yea they are OP for sure. Last I timed it, 15mins at lvl 56 for 5.5plat. Even if it was 60p/hr (approx lvl 25) for Alacrity haste it’s would be a bargain. Sometimes you just don’t have the luxury of a haste buffer and besides dps it’s extra aggro.

I went with the full kit but In hindsight the arms are all you need.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea they are OP for sure. Last I timed it, 15mins at lvl 56 for 5.5plat. Even if it was 60p/hr (approx lvl 25) for Alacrity haste it’s would be a bargain. Sometimes you just don’t have the luxury of a haste buffer and besides dps it’s extra aggro.

I went with the full kit but In hindsight the arms are all you need.
Thanks for the input and the timers. Curious, why not go for the str and dex buffs? Too much hassle?

Invis one seems nice until you can afford a permanent invis clicky.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the input and the timers. Curious, why not go for the str and dex buffs? Too much hassle?

Invis one seems nice until you can afford a permanent invis clicky.
I had the boots, gloves, arms, bp and legs. They were all handy and having the same stackable component was great. Most my work was solo so the gloves and arms were used most often (str is handy with a gnome using AC/HP gear. The haste is just better than the rest by a large margin. In a group the dex was too cheap not to use as well. Both str/dex at mid 50’s is almost an hour as I recall.

I wouldn’t go gnome just for the clickies, you gotta be what you want to be. I just loved the gnomelife and the added perks was over the top. A reaver with SCHW and those arms is 62% haste. Throw in battle binding and you can crush.
Closed Thread