Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Another argument for rerolling not being a big deal: if you enjoyed doing level 1-n on your SK, you'll probably enjoy doing it again, especially with the benefit of extra knowledge and hind sight, and you can hit up camps you missed out on (or didn't get enough of) the first time around.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:08 AM
Kobold

I'm still really perplexed. They all seem so good at different things. I feel like with end-game itemization like Sword of Rile, Willsapper, Palladius Axe, etc., that Greenmist will fall off, so end-game possibly Iksar would be the weakest race. However, the ability to avoid all stuns increases dps and makes casting easier, but on much much longer fights, it falls off. Troll feels like the best inbetween and most versatile at all stages. However, it's not that easy I don't believe. Anybody with some ideas that wants to shoot the breeze on it please shoot me a tell (Alphawolf, Overpowdered and Suchwow are my characters).

I'm on now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2020, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar is the best race from a min max solo artist perspective. You’ll win out with ac and regen. Can get epic to swap in for 2h bashes as well when using a tov weapon. I went Troll with mine but if I’m end game gearing I’d rather have an iksar and not have to deal with being a fatty. There might be a few circumstances where you wish you had Frontal stun immunity, but you’ll always be glad you had regen and ac.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar is the best race from a min max solo artist perspective. You’ll win out with ac and regen. Can get epic to swap in for 2h bashes as well when using a tov weapon. I went Troll with mine but if I’m end game gearing I’d rather have an iksar and not have to deal with being a fatty. There might be a few circumstances where you wish you had Frontal stun immunity, but you’ll always be glad you had regen and ac.
Not sure sure what you mean about getting epic to swap in for 2h bashes. You mean swapping to a 1h + shield to bash then swapping back to 2h? Iksars not getting slam sucks for real though. ;I
Old 05-03-2020, 03:30 AM
Kobold

Just realized that SK epic gives you the ability to bash with it equipped. Yea, Iksar seems best. Gonna do that!!!!
Old 05-03-2020, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just realized that SK epic gives you the ability to bash with it equipped. Yea, Iksar seems best. Gonna do that!!!!
Welcome to the legion! Be sure to check this out: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=262117
Old 05-05-2020, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar - Regen but can't wear plate, but extra AC and small. Worse stats than Troll.
You forgot Infravision, 100 Swimming at level 1, and exclusive access to Greenmist and Dreadscale armor!
Old 05-05-2020, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Iksar can't wear Classic and Kunark plate.

They can wear all the good Velious plate.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Troll is best for min/max. You get the +HP regen that Iksar's get, and the Blood Ember clickies are more useful than Greenmist. Yes, you can stack Epic and Greenmist if your procs are lucky. The other half of the time when you are not lucky, only one proc is going to be active at a time.

Why are Blood Ember clickies generally better? They are much better at saving mana. You could fear kite indefinitely with Gloves and Boots. It is obviously slow, since you need to recast a lot, but the solo challenge isn't about speed[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Also, when you are trying to get down to the desired mob, the Blood Ember Greaves are saving mana every flop.

But as pointed out before, if you can seriously raid gear yourself out, then your race won't matter too much. Soul Defiler and flowing thought items will make up for a lot of lost mana[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2020, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

This thread has gotten me really curious now what a lvl 60 geared Paladin can solo with 35% slow weapon & an anklesmasher for fleeing nameds.

An SK with a shitty long cast lifetap vs Paladin 1.5 second cast 700 pt heal with only a 6 second delay between total duration and recast time, Lay Hands, stuns, root, calm, and now the only class for Soulfire charges. I could see where FD would come in handy but Shaman's without it have topped the solo challenge.
Closed Thread