Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/622382057?t=05h30m06s Disco named pull / kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamonju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trivonus basically depends how much plat you got to spend if going monk route you'd need alot of fancy toys clickies prenerf fungi staff giggles
spent very little plat on bbeta. spent many hours on bbeta. Less gear dependent solo melee would be SK for dungeon crawls imo
Last edited by Bbeta; 05-16-2020 at 11:16 AM..
Old 05-16-2020, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Solid alpha, 6 hours of a paladin at disco would be multiple pack resist cr's
Old 05-16-2020, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Also not to keep the discussion going opmeter but number theory is fun until you're actually in it. The monk always wins when equally geared. Our paladins can pull it off but they will never do it more efficiently or reliably. The answer to OPs question is monk. Paladin, sk, bard and ranger can all manage it though.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can go pretty far without having to stop and med. I'm not sure if worts should be considered, anyone can use them and the limit is more about financial resources. If you had unlimited wort pots a monk would clear faster because of dps for sure.
Expensive consumables can make things silly. I suspect the fastest possible clear from zoneline to dead named group might actually be a Rogue carrying 100k worth of clickies that just walks there then burns the named and its entire group down with Oil of Fennin Ro while using Nimble and Wort Pots to stay alive.
Old 05-16-2020, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also not to keep the discussion going opmeter but number theory is fun until you're actually in it. The monk always wins when equally geared. Our paladins can pull it off but they will never do it more efficiently or reliably. The answer to OPs question is monk. Paladin, sk, bard and ranger can all manage it though.
Racing to a mob has nothing to do with the pally vs monk argument. It was about being the most badass Melee solo artist and pally with 15k of self healing will win everytime when time isn’t a factor.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Racing to a mob has nothing to do with the pally vs monk argument. It was about being the most badass Melee solo artist and pally with 15k of self healing will win everytime when time isn’t a factor.
Disagree, ive seen bis monks solo things I know I couldn't finish on my paladin
Old 05-16-2020, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

When did it turn into a speed run challenge? OP mentioned safe, consistent, big target.

My pally gear is garbage for a solo challenge but I wouldn’t have a better shot with equivalent plat into another melee. Lulling is very consistent with over 150cha. Worst case you can haul to the zone with DA and reset before some mobs respawn. Lull past the ones that did.

Top tier pally with FT items and a few backpacks of jaspers and a DW BP could go very far. With enough time and queued up YouTube that is. Then again, speculation as again I don’t have good stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Last edited by Snaggles; 05-16-2020 at 06:41 PM..
Old 05-16-2020, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disagree, ive seen bis monks solo things I know I couldn't finish on my paladin
Your paladin isn’t bis.

Show me a bis monk capable of soloing more NamedS than a bis pally. No way that’s happening with mend vs what pallies can self heal for. Especially now in the state of p99 with soulfire. .
Old 05-16-2020, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your paladin isn’t bis.

Show me a bis monk capable of soloing more NamedS than a bis pally. No way that’s happening with mend vs what pallies can self heal for. Especially now in the state of p99 with soulfire. .
but getting to said named solo is the problem.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

My money is on Aalpha.. I mean Bbeta.
Closed Thread