Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 05:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back when AM had a zerg it wasn’t an advantage because you were bottlenecked by the fact that only two mages were allowed past the line.

Can you wrap your head around that?
First of all, no, zerging definitely had some advantages back then. It meant you could field enough adderall addicts around the clock to watch for dragons to appear and be ready for FTE. It meant you could throw a small army of monks at a dirty pull to blunt force a dragon into camp. It meant no matter what time of day a batphone went out you'd always have a couple tanks and a cleric chain ready. Warm bodies have always been one way to win p99. The criticism AM is catching today is because those same mouth breathers AM used to "dominate for years" are now biting them in the ass when you need to do more than wall-stare and wait for dragons to be delivered to entrance.

And now you want to come to RNF and complain about other guilds zerging? Can you wrap your head around that?
Old 08-12-2019, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

I miss 1 hour lockouts.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warm bodies have always been the way to win p99
Fixed. I have been an advocate for smaller guilds during my entire time on this server, but now I wear my Zealous Endgame Raiding Guild tag with pride. Rogean and Nilbog have never chosen a meta that did not favor huge zergs. In fact, the only time the meta did not favor a horde of players was Sirken's 1 hour lockout era.

The main source of these threads is the massive cognitive dissonance that the Aftermath warm bodies are experiencing. They viewed themselves as an elite EverQuest strike force, when in reality it isn't that hard to kill Velious dragons with 100 BiS raiders and 3 years of practice, and any success was purely due to their tracker/racer team. And Detoxx realizing that the increasing suspensions meant it was better to accept any onerous concession than rolling the dice with the staff. Does this mean Detoxx is actually underrated as a guild leader?

From what I have seen in Riot, Aftermath is done. Stick a fork in em. Riot is amazingly well organized and highly motivated (note: I take no credit for either). And both sides bringing 100+ raiders to every encounter is simply not sustainable. As Murkeye says, good luck spending all of that responder DKP. Soon Aftermath will only have 90, then 80, and then they will not even contest NTOV, and it's not hard to see how that story ends. It will be interesting to see if/how Rogean and Nilbog react to this in a few months.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Sarnak

AM will likely absorb AG, BG, or some other guild(s) to keep competing.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine being scared to post on your main account, can't imagine a more pathetic existence

not much we can do when you log in with 60 am vs 120 riot at every encounter at all hours of the day

it's almost like once they made the meta from pulling to zerging the bigger zergs win (inb4 kael)

not fun to go from #1 to #2 but it is what it is

keep the rnf toxic while we are away plz
Yeah weird right? Wonder why we had to create a huge guild in the first place.... The last 3 years of the server has been basically AM cries, gets changes put in place to benefit their members, loses with their changes in place, then incessantly cries about how the meta needs another change. If all else fails, claim "BBQ " defense.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitho1984 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah weird right? Wonder why we had to create a huge guild in the first place.... The last 3 years of the server has been basically AM cries, gets changes put in place to benefit their members, loses with their changes in place, then incessantly cries about how the meta needs another change. If all else fails, claim "BBQ " defense.
Sorry you don’t get bbq
Old 08-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Kobold

How does AM even BBQ when we have all the Dragon Steaks...
Old 08-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Thumbs down No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AM will likely absorb AG, BG, or some other guild(s) to keep competing.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

Good thread. Would resub.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitho1984 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does AM even BBQ when we have all the Dragon Steaks...
Sorry you only have dragon steaks (and no warder loot)
Closed Thread