Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sad to see how green has been shaping up. You can recreate the old game as best you can but you can’t recreate the wonder that people felt playing a game like this for the first time. Way too many opportunistic assholes who have no interest in playing with others. You guys have forgotten the whole Massively Multiplayer part of the equation.
Yeah i'm pretty fed up with the interactions i've had on green.. The positive side of me wants to assume i've just had bad luck with the people i've met. But at a certain point it's time to realize the truth.... There is some seriously unhealthy playing going on over there..
Old 11-21-2019, 02:54 PM
Kobold

On teal I've yet to have 1 bad interaction. This ogre with a P in their name gave me sow. And soon will give me a lizard scale mantle for free [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-21-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Hah. "I'm not sure you can camp the same mob over and over"

Talk about being new to fucking EQ.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you willingly visit and participate in these notoriously hostile and toxic forums when you don’t even have any connection in the game? Just why?

Unless you yourself have some toxicity in you that this place helps to feed?
Stupid talking fish think they're so smart.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnomes find trouble, or trouble just seems to find them? Over-represented in these RNF threads anyway lol (and it's been that way for years)

I did some research, and it turns out that although we gnomes make up only 13% of the population we are responsible for 50% of the forum drama and toxicity.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

OP can I buy a pair of gloves please?
Old 11-21-2019, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quit crying!
Old 11-22-2019, 05:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to say, its another gnome... why is it always gnomes?
Certain people are attracted to certain races. Like hall monitors always play halflings.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:52 AM
Banned

OP is right in the screenshot. Other dude just being cringy wanting handouts. Yeah they're low level gloves but they still go for like 20 plat on the wiki. And if he wasn't so whiny about it like, "but muh gloves you already got em." then i'd probably just sell em for like 10-15 or whatever he had. And he "might" be right about OP not being in the room but still douchey to try and ninja it.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah i'm pretty fed up with the interactions i've had on green.. The positive side of me wants to assume i've just had bad luck with the people i've met. But at a certain point it's time to realize the truth.... There is some seriously unhealthy playing going on over there..
I mean here's who we have:

People from Live/TLP's

People from red/PvP (ruined) lands

People from WoW/other games/streamer fangirls

Then we have those of us who loved old EQ enough to have played a lot on blue. We are the only ones in the group who appreciate and respect traditional EQ ethics and values. The rest of them are just trying to powergame, "progress", grab what they want with both hands...legacy and generally, and in some cases just do shit to grief other players for the hell of it.

At this point I'd very much welcome the population tanking down to about 1200 -1500 max. I'd be dreading a move to green from teal on my main, when I'm on green the /ooc is like WoW levels of bad with P99 redtards sprinkled in. A new server to draw off the redfugees would help too, maybe that new RoZ will do a little bit.
Closed Thread